Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T oil feed

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-13, 06:12 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah I have been running it like I said for at least a year now. down and out of the way of heat and stuff.
Old 07-07-14, 10:57 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Good info bump and question.

Not sure how I missed this after the years of reading here. I have been researching oil feed/drain ideas to clean up some clutter and this is great. I always hated the sandwich plate idea, just adds too many variables and raises the risk for leaks IMO. I got the sandwich plate originally so I could use it for a oil feed AND for an oil cooler. Is there any other way around this without too much clutter?

Thanks

Last edited by Kris9884; 07-07-14 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-07-14, 01:45 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I am not sure what you mean, get rid of the sandwich plate?
for the turbo you can just use the union bolt with an adapter to your -3an or -4an oil line that goes straight to the turbo. My oil filter is stock, everything oil wise is stock except for that union bolt the feeds the turbo, and the drain from turbo to pan.

You need some type of sandwhich plate for the oil cooler I think if you want to keep that, or you can use a factory 2jz-gte oil filter mount that has the oil cooler fittings on it already. you just unbolt the union bolt, the whole thing comes off, and replace it with the gte one. all the oil filter mounts will bolt on to the JZ blocks with the union bolt and are more or less interchangeable as long as they fit in the bay.

I am not a fan of sandwhich plates or excess oil coolers. I just change my oil more often.
If you drive alot a cooler is not a bad idea just be sure to set it up well dont want things to go wrong with your oil.
Old 07-08-14, 03:38 PM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I am not sure what you mean, get rid of the sandwich plate?
for the turbo you can just use the union bolt with an adapter to your -3an or -4an oil line that goes straight to the turbo. My oil filter is stock, everything oil wise is stock except for that union bolt the feeds the turbo, and the drain from turbo to pan.

I am not a fan of sandwich plates or excess oil coolers. I just change my oil more often.
If you drive a lot a cooler is not a bad idea just be sure to set it up well don't want things to go wrong with your oil.
I completely agree with Ali about the oil cooler, I am also not a fan of sandwich plates, they tend to be a nightmare to install, never look good and ALWAYS LEAK!

I am also running an IS300 Union Bolt with a -4 AN feed.. only difference is I decided to add a in-line oil filter to my feed line for extra precaution so I don't have any problems with particles getting into the turbo bearings .. you can see a picture of the inline filter in my build thread leaning up against the TiAL Wastegate.
Old 07-08-14, 05:35 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I have read about more turbo failures from inline oil filters than any other thing you can install on the car.
You would think people have bearing failures from particles often but really its pretty rare most of the time they overheat the bearings. what happens often with those filters though is clog up over time and starve the turbo from oil. all you really need is Union bolt > -3an line > turbo. If you have a giant turbo then run a 4an but generally a 3an does the job nicely.
Old 10-15-14, 07:46 AM
jkpgt96
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subbed.

..what would you qualify as a giant turbo? lol

So, no one here is running an oil cooler..and there seems to be no issue? ...this is good news, one less thing to buy!
Old 10-15-14, 02:39 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

like a 76mm+ or a T6, you would know if you saw it...

lots of people run oil coolers, it would certainly help if you like to run those.
I just haven't had the need to do it, my oil definitely takes a beating though and I run full synthetic and change it like every 2-3k miles depending on how hard its driven. so far so good its not needed but it wouldn't hurt if you know what you are doing. if you don;t then you are better off not messing with it and just changing your oil more often.

I got one of those GTE factory oil coolers which uses coolant lines, but didn't put it on cause people said they pretty much remove those off of gte's cause they don't do a whole lot. who really knows lol its in my parts bin.
I would do the aftermarket cooler with the small radiator in the fender if I had to do any type of cooler now.
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (04-08-18)
Old 10-15-14, 06:00 PM
jkpgt96
Rookie

I gotcha.

Appreciate the insight!
Old 03-30-18, 05:51 PM
HighPsiS13
Driver School Candidate

Back from the dead thank you for the info Ali
Old 04-03-18, 11:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

looked like this before I sold it, the line can be tucked closer to the block too.
I didn't want anything else running through the valve cover area or on the top of the intake side, but that does work too.
Old 09-21-22, 09:08 PM
SpoolAid
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lexforlife
been running mine thru that route for years , i put a heat sheathing over the oil line for the section that contacts the wire harness .. no problems whatsoever
what length is the line your running?