Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

electrical ground issue? perhaps starter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 12:37 PM
prjctSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical ground issue? perhaps starter?

ok, Im new (clearly) , after reading around and seeing the suggestion of searching i went ahead and started searching around for a couple of days i cant find a solution or a definitive cause and effect type thread or post. I have a 1997 sc300 auto. after experiencing some starting/ shutting down at low rpm, so from searching i found that it could be a gunking up of the idle air control valve so the short struggle to take the throttle body apart to clean the thing. after reassembly i went to go start her up and all i heard was a clicking, not just one but a constant clicking, replaced and efi main relay to no avail and cleaned and checked every possible ground i could find from previous issues other guys have had, even replaced the battery with a brand new one, but every time that ignition goes to on position there is nothing but clicking, all dome lights and accessories work as well btw.....

what the heck am i missing?
Old 03-15-13, 05:14 PM
prjctSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Any poor soul that finds this post it was the ecu that apparently blew.