Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aluminum Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-13, 10:42 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Radiator

My radiator has developed a crack and i am looking to upgrade from the composite oe radiator to a nice 2 row all aluminum.

I have only been able to find Supra Twin Turbo radiators from some of the more well known brands and really don't want to go through the hassle of modifying it to fit right.

I did however find this one which says it is for the SC300.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-00-ALUMIN...aea59a&vxp=mtr

anyone have any experience with this particular brand?
Old 03-03-13, 05:44 PM
Supruxes
Driver

No input?

Guess thats a **** no from everyone. lol
Old 03-03-13, 07:07 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give It a shot. Its for a manual... so if yours is an auto and if you dont have a tranny cooler youll need one. Thats not a bad price and ebay parts get a bad rap from time to time.
Old 03-03-13, 10:02 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Originally Posted by lookEVO
Give It a shot. Its for a manual... so if yours is an auto and if you dont have a tranny cooler youll need one. Thats not a bad price and ebay parts get a bad rap from time to time.
I have a 5 speed, i am just really surprised no one makes anything as far as after market radiators, hell, my work can't even get a new oem one.

It is the same price as a Supra Mishimoto also.
Old 03-04-13, 03:22 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

I'd recommend getting a Koyo or Mishimoto for an MKIV Supra. Either is worth it. Fitment with the Koyo is very good. I just went through the same issue and had to replace mine. I went with a Koyo. It requires some modifications: you need to raise your two radiator mounts approx. 1" with additional rubber and you need to notch the battery tray. Buying a Supra TT fan shroud makes things easier and cleaner but you can also modify your SC shroud and fab up mounts for it if you're on a budget.

The only SC/Soarer-specific aluminum radiator is from ARC in Japan and it is over $1500. Not really worth it.

Since you have a 5-speed manual car all you need is the radiator. For an automatic car you would also need an auxiliary transmission cooler like a Hayden 678. Aftermarket Supra radiators are usually manual-only.

I just did a writeup to install a Supra radiator if it helps you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...0-5-speed.html
Old 03-04-13, 05:11 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
I'd recommend getting a Koyo or Mishimoto for an MKIV Supra. Either is worth it. Fitment with the Koyo is very good. I just went through the same issue and had to replace mine. I went with a Koyo. It requires some modifications: you need to raise your two radiator mounts approx. 1" with additional rubber and you need to notch the battery tray. Buying a Supra TT fan shroud makes things easier and cleaner but you can also modify your SC shroud and fab up mounts for it if you're on a budget.

The only SC/Soarer-specific aluminum radiator is from ARC in Japan and it is over $1500. Not really worth it.

Since you have a 5-speed manual car all you need is the radiator. For an automatic car you would also need an auxiliary transmission cooler like a Hayden 678. Aftermarket Supra radiators are usually manual-only.

I just did a writeup to install a Supra radiator if it helps you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...0-5-speed.html

Thank you man, i'll check it out, i had a oem one laying around that is known to be good, might just install that for now since i have to buy a p/s pump and a clutch at the moment, i will deffinitly be upgrading it by the summer.

I was serious about doing this, before those other parts took a crap on me at the same time, i bookmarked your write up.