Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

headlight parking light housing, painting??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-13, 10:09 AM
Volume123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight parking light housing, painting??

Hey guys, i am currently in the process of cleaning/painting my headlight housings. I have everything taken apart but I don't know what to do with the parking light housing, whether I should paint it or not. The one I am talking about is the smallest little middle light, the "parking light" as it is called on an is300, assuming same for the sc300, it has the little bulb like housing which has a piece chrome that houses the parking bulb, basically I am just wondering if I should paint the chrome on the end of the bulb housing piece that clips out, as I don't have to since it comes out and I could paint the rest of the headlight housing separately.

The main reason I am asking is because I am wondering if the chrome on this little piece of housing makes the parking bulb actually reflect and make more light, or was it just chrome in order to match the rest of the housing? Has anyone painted this little part I am talking about?

One more thing, the turning signal bulb cover, the piece of lens which pops out kind of like the parking light housing. Kind of wondering if anyone has tinted this part as everyone I have seen just leaves it clear and lets it stick out like a sore thumb, although it doesn't necessarily look bad, just wondering if anyone has tinted it with the "rc car spray tint" as that is what I used with my is300 turn signal cover so it flowed better with the black I am painting the rest of the headlight housing.

Anyone possibly have pics if they have done any of these two things I'm asking?

Thanks a lot. If not, I'll post up some final pictures , I will be painting the highbeam housing black as well but almost thinking of using the tint spray on my high beam for the actual reflective chrome too, even though I understand (unless I'm mistaken) it will deter from the high beam being very strong for the actual light, but I never use them anyways lol. How much would tinting the actual reflective chrome inside the housing deter the light? Btw I am not speaking of tinting the outer main lens of the highbeam, but instead the part that reflects the highbeam bulb outward.....any thoughts lol?