Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Miss fire plus now wont start! HELP!!!

Old 02-22-13, 09:19 PM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss fire plus now wont start! HELP!!!

1995 sc300. Car miss fires. But runs smooth when actually running. if you press the gas too hard it will like choke and stall out. sometimes it stops doing it. haven't pinpointed how exactly. There is a loud rumbling from the gas tank that you can hear inside the car i'm not sure if that's normal or not. And serious pressure build up in gas tank when you pull off cap. I also have tried seafoam and that did stop it for a short time. Was told possibly spark plugs, MAF, Fuel filter or Fuel pump. But drove to my sisters house and her driveway is sloped, with the nose of the car up. 20 min later i try to leave and the car wont start. tried pushing to level ground still nothing, And i dont hear the rumbling anymore from the gas tank , but i do hear two clicks from the back driver side of the engine. Can anyone give me some insight or advice.

*PS Cant go to a mechanic because when they see a young person with this car they try to charge me alot. Thanks Alot!
Old 02-23-13, 01:06 AM
durps
Lead Lap

Try the 12v fuel pump ecu mod. Very easy, just open the hood, open the diagnostic cap, stick a wire or paper clip, etc into the very first row of the ports. There will be three holes, the one on the left and right are the ones you want. (Make sure you leave the middle port alone) and then start it.
Hopefully all will be well, google if you need more help or msg me .
Old 02-23-13, 01:30 PM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply ill try that right now!!
Old 02-23-13, 08:17 PM
durps
Lead Lap

How did it go?
Old 02-24-13, 12:25 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

If you didn't hear that noise in the back, it could very well be your fuel pump that went. That rumbling you call in the gas tank is probably the fuel pump...how did the ECU bypass go?
Old 02-24-13, 06:15 PM
mikevandam
Driver

1. When you hear this noise from the gas tank, is it when you're driving? Or when you turn the key to the 'ON' position?

2. Same thing happened to me a while back. I parked at a slope and tried to start it, starter just clicked over. It might've been your starter that went when you tried starting it.

Lastly, the possibility of your fuel pump going out is still up in the air. BUT that doesn't explain why the starter isn't cranking. It would still TRY to crank but wouldn't turn over because there's no fuel getting to the motor.
Old 02-25-13, 10:06 PM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

havent gotten to try the bypass. its at mt sisters house and i dnt have a ride....-__- lol

The rumbling is when i turn the keyon , im guessing it keeps going when i start the engine. But cant hear it over engine.

its turning over but wont catch. its not the starter yet, so im not gunna try anymore until i change the pump and filter, then bypass.
Old 02-25-13, 11:02 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Bypass first because its the problem you can just buy a used fuel pump ecu for 40 if thats the issue, instead of wasting time and money by changing the pump and filter. Although, I do recommend changing the fuel filter.
Old 03-01-13, 09:42 AM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

okay I changed the fuel pump And also did the bypass I still don't hear the fuel pump. but the battery is now clicking. Not sure if the that's me or the bypass. Gonna try to charge battery.
Old 03-01-13, 09:44 PM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE!!: Okay jump start the car, got it started pump working fine. Still miss fire on idle and when i press on gas too hard. Drove atleast 10 miles home stayed on. When I got it home and turned it off, and tried to turn it back on. Silence from the fuel pump but turns over. Got starter and it will Kinda start when i spray the corroborator. Not sure what else it could be other than the relay or fuel pump ecu. But it definetly started and made it all the way home after bypass and fuel pump change. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-13, 09:25 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

It Could Be Your Ecu
Old 03-02-13, 09:40 AM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

You think its the fue pump ecu or main ecu?
Old 03-02-13, 09:47 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

car ecu i changed mine it doesnt bog no more misfires due to injectors stuck open also oem injectors are 20 years old there bound to fail today i will rip my car apart with other injectors from my spare ge ill let u know progress
Old 03-02-13, 10:17 AM
klobb92
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know if the fuel pump ecu still turns the fuel pump after the bypass?
Old 03-02-13, 10:29 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

its a constant signal trust me my ecu cut my pump on and off

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Miss fire plus now wont start! HELP!!!