Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I need some advice on an Ebay Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-13, 06:36 AM
AC1984
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice on an Ebay Turbo kit

Hey guys its been a while since I posted anything on here because i really haven't had the money to do anything new besides tints and my system. Now that I have some money I plan on getting a turbo kit. I have a 94 SC 300 and I just wanted to know if the turbo kits on Ebay are worth it. And what else do you suggest I do before I get my turbo kit.
Old 02-15-13, 09:35 AM
scmaluco
Driver

Originally Posted by AC1984
Hey guys its been a while since I posted anything on here because i really haven't had the money to do anything new besides tints and my system. Now that I have some money I plan on getting a turbo kit. I have a 94 SC 300 and I just wanted to know if the turbo kits on Ebay are worth it. And what else do you suggest I do before I get my turbo kit.
you have a better chance buying a used turbo in good condition and buying just the manifold from either ss autochrome or somewhere on ebay.. you can pick up a hy35 or hx35 for 100-250 now a days. and just buy a down pipe from driftmotion or anywhere else.. (ebay). I bought my manifold from ssautochrome (i have a 1jz) driftmotion down pipe and wastegate. and got a one hell of a deal on a NEW hx35 (brand new never used) not the fake ones from ebay.. theres a link some where on here or just google it it tells you how to identify fake holset turbos .
Old 02-15-13, 10:16 AM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

before i wrecked my car, i was running pretty much the t67 ebay turbo kit on my SC300 and made 468 whp @ 15 psi and 93 octane. that's worth it to me since i'm poor.
Old 02-15-13, 10:24 AM
AC1984
Rookie

Sc 300-704 what was the exact name of the kit you purchased and how much did it cost?
Old 02-15-13, 11:00 AM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AC1984
Sc 300-704 what was the exact name of the kit you purchased and how much did it cost?
i purchased almost everything separately b/c i didn't have the money then to buy an entire kit. bought the cheapest T4 T67 w/ .68 a/r, turbo manifold and downpipe, hks replica 50mm wastegate, and universal intercooler pipings i could find off ebay. also bought an Map Ecu 2 for tuning, PTE injectors and fmic, walbro fuel pump, gauges, tt head gasket, arp head studs and a bunch of other miscellaneous. after all said and done i've probably spent no more than $2500 for EVERYTHING.
Old 02-15-13, 03:27 PM
AC1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC300_704
i purchased almost everything separately b/c i didn't have the money then to buy an entire kit. bought the cheapest T4 T67 w/ .68 a/r, turbo manifold and downpipe, hks replica 50mm wastegate, and universal intercooler pipings i could find off ebay. also bought an Map Ecu 2 for tuning, PTE injectors and fmic, walbro fuel pump, gauges, tt head gasket, arp head studs and a bunch of other miscellaneous. after all said and done i've probably spent no more than $2500 for EVERYTHING.
For give my ignorance but what is a fmic? Secondly, if I were to get everything you listed it would be a complete turbo kit?
Old 02-15-13, 04:25 PM
alex425
Driver

Fmic= front mount inter cooler.
Why don't you look into a driftmotion turbo kit? 1550 isn't all that bad for a company with a good reputation to back it up
Old 02-15-13, 05:09 PM
AC1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by alex425
Fmic= front mount inter cooler.
Why don't you look into a driftmotion turbo kit? 1550 isn't all that bad for a company with a good reputation to back it up
Driftmotion huh... $1550... Thanks man.
Old 02-19-13, 11:53 PM
acl99
Rookie

If you are interested I've got a manfold/wastegate/downpipe combo I took off of my supra. The manifold is already clocked to clear the distributor and set up for a tial-style wastegate (wastegate I have is a turbosmart gate). Made 480whp @17lbs on a stock GE.
Old 02-21-13, 06:15 AM
AC1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by acl99
If you are interested I've got a manfold/wastegate/downpipe combo I took off of my supra. The manifold is already clocked to clear the distributor and set up for a tial-style wastegate (wastegate I have is a turbosmart gate). Made 480whp @17lbs on a stock GE.
PM me the numbers.
Old 02-21-13, 09:12 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with that guys setup if you can, or the driftmotion one isnt bad.

I bought my setup from Club Na-t and im actually pretty damn happy with it. makes good power and runs good IMO. 30k miles and 2 years and the kit itself has given me no issues whatsoever.
Old 02-21-13, 11:17 AM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by lookEVO
I would go with that guys setup if you can, or the driftmotion one isnt bad.

I bought my setup from Club Na-t and im actually pretty damn happy with it. makes good power and runs good IMO. 30k miles and 2 years and the kit itself has given me no issues whatsoever.
Still on the provided oil drain/feed lines? original knock off wastegate and bov??? What size turbo? hows it holdin up?
Old 02-21-13, 12:17 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sj408
Still on the provided oil drain/feed lines? original knock off wastegate and bov??? What size turbo? hows it holdin up?
Yes for oil feed, made my own oil drain line during install, but still have original.

Original wastegate and bov. Wastegate is good to like 12 psi with no bc

T-70 with .96 a/r, no nois, no smoke, no shaft play.

Like I said, no real problems. I had to replace the manifold to turbo gasket, but I equated that to an install error on my part from one of the last times I took it off.

Everything works just as it is supposed to. I couldnt be happier with the way its gone.
Old 03-02-14, 02:44 AM
ThatSCguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So I was looking at cxRacing, what about buying the turbo manifold and just buying the universal dmic kit through ebay for about 200$ and buying my own bov?

The turbo kit on cxracing.com says as I quote
"This Kit Converts 2JZGE to Turbo Charged. Supports 500 HP.

Item(s) Included in this Auction:
- T70 Turbo, 4" Air Inlet
- Stainless Steel manifold
- 40mm 12 PSI Wastegate, with Dump tube
- Oil Feeding line kit, Sandwich
- 3" Downpipe
- 4" Intake and Air Filter

Highlights:
- Completely Test Fitted on SC300, GS300, and Supra MK3.
- Big Turbo, Support up to 500 HP.
- 3" V-Band Downpipe.
- 304 Stainless Steel Manifold, Equal Length Runner,High Flow Exhaust Design.
- Comes with Oil Sandwich and Oil Line kit.
- External 40mm Wastegate, with 12PSI default. Can be upgraded to Higher Boost Wastegate.
- Fitment is Fully Tested, Fitment very Well, not hitting other Parts."

Any reviews from cxracing? they seem more promising than driftmotion
Old 03-02-14, 05:40 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

driftmotion turbos use garret internals and aaron will stand byb his stuff. cx is a great company as far as chinese products go and they're making a conscious effert to try to develop better products than the standard over seas fair, but I still wouldn't use their turbos. I ordered one recently to try on my gf's car since I get great deals through them and paired it with their oil feed kit due to past experiences with precision. when it arrived I noticed -4 line, but the feed fitting had a restrictor that seemed to me common to a ball bearing turbo that would kill most journal bearing turbos. They said this is the correct part and that not using it was going to blow out the seals. So I just kept the turbo I had and returned theirs. Overall the turbo seemed of decent quality, but dm uses tried and true stuff that I honestly would say after seeing the cx one is better.

The extra money you'd spend on a dm kit is for the turbo, the rest of the kit is probably cx racing or the same overseas manufacturer.

Also dont forget to factor in like another 1200 for fuel and management in some form or fashion

Quick Reply: I need some advice on an Ebay Turbo kit