Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

CXRacing Turbo Manifold = Junk. Does not fit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-13, 05:21 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Angry CXRacing Turbo Manifold = Junk. Does not fit.

I purchased a new turbo kit from them not too long ago and turns out that their turbo manifold for the 2JZGE SC300 does not even fit. It's obvious that they do not test fit their products prior to selling them. It appears that I have to re-drill half of the holes in order to make this manifold fit. I have already re-drilled one of the center holes since I thought it was the culprit but I was wrong. All the ones on the left fit fine, but the ones on the right are way off.
Attached Thumbnails CXRacing Turbo Manifold = Junk. Does not fit.-img_1536.jpg   CXRacing Turbo Manifold = Junk. Does not fit.-img_1538.jpg  
Old 02-09-13, 06:39 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you're still going to use it?
Old 02-09-13, 07:32 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the ports line up properly?
Old 02-09-13, 07:40 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Just contact them...
Old 02-09-13, 08:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

cx has been junk, have you been living under a rock?
Old 02-10-13, 10:37 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
cx has been junk, have you been living under a rock?
Yielding a title search in club lexus for "CXracing" on shows only a handful of results. And only two are under the SC300/SC400 forum. There are no user reviews of the CXRacing kit so I'd thought I'd be the first one to review it, therefore I made this post. If I was living under a rock, I would not be warning anyone about how crappy their manifolds are.
Old 02-10-13, 12:26 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should contact them first and complain, maybe they f'd up.
Old 02-10-13, 04:22 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

So you decided to cheap out on your build by using parts built by a mass manufacturer in china who sells you a manifold for less than you get the cost of material for local, and are surprised?

Pretty sure if you take pictures and email them to cx they'll replace it. But you'll just get another one that sucks in one way or another. You can't say cx doesn't test fit stuff. I'm positive they do. Everyone does. Then when it fits they order a bunch in bulk. Then some Chinese kid gets tired, lazy, or rushed and puts something together ****ed up. Do you expect them to bolt up every single manifold? They won't. Think they're gonna lose any money over this? They won't. There's always cheap people doing what you're doing.

Word of advice, deck all the sealing surfaces because I guarantee they are warped. It's part of the game. Cheap out on stuff and expect to modify stuff accordingly.
Old 02-10-13, 04:28 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
So you decided to cheap out on your build by using parts built by a mass manufacturer in china who sells you a manifold for less than you get the cost of material for local, and are surprised?

Pretty sure if you take pictures and email them to cx they'll replace it. But you'll just get another one that sucks in one way or another. You can't say cx doesn't test fit stuff. I'm positive they do. Everyone does. Then when it fits they order a bunch in bulk. Then some Chinese kid gets tired, lazy, or rushed and puts something together ****ed up. Do you expect them to bolt up every single manifold? They won't. Think they're gonna lose any money over this? They won't. There's always cheap people doing what you're doing.

Word of advice, deck all the sealing surfaces because I guarantee they are warped. It's part of the game. Cheap out on stuff and expect to modify stuff accordingly.
Touche
Old 02-10-13, 07:04 PM
A32Boost
Rookie

my cxracing manifold fits just fine on mines and my buddies did on his, regardless it looks like its only like maybe 10min of honing out that needs to be done so no need to complain
Old 02-11-13, 06:39 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ebay. Thats the price ya pay.

(mine actually lined up OK. Just had to 'massage' the top of the runners so the bolt would fit on the stud)
Old 02-11-13, 10:07 AM
Supruxes
Driver

I ordered a cheapo ebay header and had the same issue, so i drilled out all the holes to 1/2in and it slide on after that.
Old 02-25-13, 01:19 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you get this resolved?
Old 02-25-13, 01:30 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same ~ ish from club na-t and mine fit perfect. needed no modding at all.
Old 02-25-13, 01:32 PM
SVTRondogg
Driver School Candidate

Fitment looks awful. GL.

Quick Reply: CXRacing Turbo Manifold = Junk. Does not fit.