Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Holset Hx52 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-13, 07:00 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Holset Hx52 Questions

Hey I Am Looking For a Holset Hx52 Turbo

i have a 92 ge motor im building. what turbo manifold works best with the t5 flange and with little to no alterations i need feed back and advise on what ever is best.
Old 02-01-13, 05:23 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

any body ???????
Old 02-01-13, 05:40 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would do one of 2 things. Either find a t4 hotside that will work on the hx52, OR get a manifold that has a t4 flange, cut the flange off and weld a t5/6 flange in its place. Or find a turbo with a t4 flange and ditch the hx52...say an hx35 which will easily support 500+rwhp, are easy to find, will spool faster without a split pulse manifold, and are already a t4 housing.

Any reason your wanting the hx52? That is not a light weight turbo, and will require some sort of bracing on the manifold.
Old 02-01-13, 06:34 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I would do one of 2 things. Either find a t4 hotside that will work on the hx52, OR get a manifold that has a t4 flange, cut the flange off and weld a t5/6 flange in its place. Or find a turbo with a t4 flange and ditch the hx52...say an hx35 which will easily support 500+rwhp, are easy to find, will spool faster without a split pulse manifold, and are already a t4 housing.

Any reason your wanting the hx52? That is not a light weight turbo, and will require some sort of bracing on the manifold.
i Like The everything about the hx52 and have seen it on t4 manifold but not many people do i just want to know how i can

plus im getting one for a crack head price.
Old 02-02-13, 07:27 AM
cheftank
Rookie

hx52 is old tech, like retired city/school bus old tech. they offer the hx55 in 9-10#/hr larger flow rates but in a t4 flange.

Get the DM t4 manifold, call aaron, tell him to double beef it up. save ALOT of headach
Old 02-02-13, 10:14 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cheftank
hx52 is old tech, like retired city/school bus old tech. they offer the hx55 in 9-10#/hr larger flow rates but in a t4 flange.

Get the DM t4 manifold, call aaron, tell him to double beef it up. save ALOT of headach
I already ordered the turbo now I wanna build the car/motor around this platform any other advise on how to and I wanna stick to this plan.
Old 02-04-13, 01:27 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

How im feeling about this Thread
Attached Thumbnails Holset Hx52 Questions-buzz.jpg  
Old 02-04-13, 07:11 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Maybe try a t6 manifold instead of changing a t4 to bolt up and support more weight
Old 02-05-13, 03:12 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Maybe try a t6 manifold instead of changing a t4 to bolt up and support more weight
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-T6-to-T4...25c99e&vxp=mtr

would this work ali?
Old 02-05-13, 09:47 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

that would help you bolt the t5 or t6 up to a t4 manifold, but you still have the issue of a giant turbo on a smaller T4 manifold, so you may need to brace the manifold but it should work if you have enough clearance to add in the adapter plate. If not then you need to cut off the T4 flange and weld on the T6.
using a t6 manifold would be the best, but they are much more expensive than t4 manifolds.
Old 02-05-13, 01:34 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

that would help you bolt the t5 or t6 up to a t4 manifold, but you still have the issue of a giant turbo on a smaller T4 manifold, so you may need to brace the manifold but it should work if you have enough clearance to add in the adapter plate. If not then you need to cut off the T4 flange and weld on the T6.
using a t6 manifold would be the best, but they are much more expensive than t4 manifolds.
i cant even find one for an na-t and ive seen people use the t4 flange but on a gte
Old 02-05-13, 02:01 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I think they are normally made when ordered by specific vendors and as you can imagine they cost alot, you may as well just get a more efficient T4 turbo and manifiold.

you can try the adapter on the t4. If you are using the stock intake not sure if the hotside will clear the charge pipe depending on turbo size and if you still have the stock intake, and the adapter wont help with that at all.
maybe on the treadstone manifold it may not be an issue, but not many running that have only seen 1 just recently in a thread on here with a normal T4 turbo, so wont know how that will fit until someone does it.

worst case hopefully is to have the flange cut off and the new one welded on at the right angle for your turbo (might not be a bad idea to do a test fit), and then weld the new one on and a few braces on the top while they are at it.
Old 02-06-13, 06:00 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

I think they are normally made when ordered by specific vendors and as you can imagine they cost alot, you may as well just get a more efficient T4 turbo and manifiold.

you can try the adapter on the t4. If you are using the stock intake not sure if the hotside will clear the charge pipe depending on turbo size and if you still have the stock intake, and the adapter wont help with that at all.
maybe on the treadstone manifold it may not be an issue, but not many running that have only seen 1 just recently in a thread on here with a normal T4 turbo, so wont know how that will fit until someone does it.

worst case hopefully is to have the flange cut off and the new one welded on at the right angle for your turbo (might not be a bad idea to do a test fit), and then weld the new one on and a few braces on the top while they are at it.
i had bought the xspower intake manifold that bolts to the stock runners so i dont have to worry about the stock intake basically im going for the gte look on my first build also i have a lot of other parts to acquire but i wanna do it right for a big budget build and i wanna stick with the hx52 it can and will be made to work ,

thanks ali you have been one of the most helpful people i also just had my fuel system die on me im currently sourcing out the problem its not the fuse or relay so its either pump or fuel pump ecu
Old 02-06-13, 10:31 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

its almost always the fuel pump ecu. go to the diagnostic terminal and jump b+ ad Fp, and the pump should turn on. IF it does you can rule out the pump, and then its probably the fuel pump ecu. check out the thread for the workaround make sure you use a relay or just replace the fuel ecu if that turns out to be the problem.

Do you have a picture of the turbo next to something we can tell the size of?
If you don't have to worry about the intake pipe because of the FFIM, then you can probably get away with the adapter. Depending on how large the turbo is only thing would be clearing the first runner (which the adapter will help with some) and clearing the shock tower, which most turbo's will do this but the really big ones are close. I haven't seen a hx52 so I can't really say.

Like quicksc4's turbo was so big he had to modify the runners, and change the flange angle to clear the shock tower I believe. This is not a huge deal, but I hope you picked up that for your next build its easier to get the turbo manifold first and then pick out a turbo. On another note I wonder why there aren't any knock off T6 manifolds floating around yet. just a sea of T4 manifolds from every direction that all look pretty identical.
Old 02-06-13, 01:42 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP that's not how you start a build sorry but i had to tell you that!

Did you see all the people that jumped on your thread trying to help you but you are not helping yourself .

I know it's not what you wanna hear but your question has been answered on post #3.

gl.

Quick Reply: Holset Hx52 Questions