Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1992 5 Factory 5 Speed SC 1jzgte conversion HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 09:37 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lokz
I am going to be doing this swap and starting in about 2 weeks. The only reason why blk*blu talked about putting OEM seal comparing to aftermarket is that it is going to be a PITA to replace once your motor goes in the car. Sometimes its not about money but its about time. If you have enough spare time i think you should be fine, who knows it might not even leak. But i was talking to my instructors at school the other day and he said with toyota/ lexus you wont find a better parts than OEM. Where did you get your Timing belt from? Is it a 1JZ belt or you picked the isuzu trooper timing belt to use for your 1JZ?
Totally understand about the seal..Honestly I do, I agree oem would have been a better route all the way. I will have to just hope it holds and deal with it if it doesn't...lol If it leaks you can bet your *** when I pull it to replace it will be an oem at that point lol I honestly just didn't have the 60 bones to dish out for the seal...I have some funds coming in the next few weeks to finance the rest of the build with up to par replacement and aftermarket parts where needed, but really just need to get the engine to a point where it can be put into the car as I need to return the cherry picker asap.

The belt is the Isuzu trooper timing belt. Gates T147.
Old 03-18-13, 09:54 AM
SupraDremr
Driver

Okay so update!!!

Got the car running!!!! Everything but the intercooler and piping annd gaskets for the downpipe left then fine tuning and fixing the minor issues.

There are a few issues now that I don't know how to solve...Hoping you guys can come to the rescue.

I don't seem to have any power going to my climate control or radio. Do some pins need to be changed ? I Gonna go for the first real test drive today once I get the exhaust downpipe gaskets and get it installed and I might be adding some questions then. Oh and my airbag light is on even when the car is off and the key out of the ignition...Any clue here?

Any ideas how I hook up my alarm siren? My keyless entry on my key works but the security light isnt lighting up on the dash and under my hood there is nothing hooked up to my alarm siren, on the old harness there was a clip that hooked up to it...any ideas how I go about this?

Thanks!
Old 03-18-13, 11:12 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The radio and climate control don't need to be re-pinned. Check the fuses, if the alarm isn't working too it's probably a fuse. Mine blew the Heater fuse and the climate control wasn't working. CIG, Heater and ECU Ig are for the Climate control, radio for the radio. My airbag light is on too, I messed with the glovebox and may have messed something up, not that I want the airbags anyways.
Old 03-18-13, 06:06 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

I checked the fuses and they are all fine...SO I am still not sure why I am not getting power to the climate control or radio...I dont much care for airbags either but the light will bug me as time goes by...A solution to that would be cool...But the radio and climate control are both things I want to work right lol...

One more thing I noticed while fine tuning today was I dont have the Heater vsv connector connected because the sc300 vsv connector and the one coming off of my 1jz harness are different connectors...There is only two wires going to it from the harness and two wires coming off the vsv... the ones on the harness are diff colors but the ones coming off the vsv are just grey...

And vacuum lines that come off the 1jz and hook up to the body on my sc300...I have 2 open vacuum hoses on the drivers side on the intake manifold that are unhooked and I have one open vacuum port on my heater vsv on the firewall that has nothing hooked into it...

Drove her around the block just a bit ago and she did pretty good ...I could hear the turbos spooling but didnt feel the boost because I have yet to get the intercooler mounted and hooked up but she did get me around the block.
Old 03-18-13, 07:24 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe check grounds for the radio and CC or get a multimeter and see if they're getting power.

Qutoed from another thread:
Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Air bag is ON because you pulled the cluster and while the cluster was unplugged you turned the key on ON position or tried to start the car.
!

Hook one of the vaccum lines up to the heater vsv, make sure all the other lines are hooked as they should or blocked off. One goes to the map sensor on the driver side wiring harness on the firewall. Mine didn't come with a Map sensor, so it ran bad at first until I hooked up my MAP-ECU. If you have any open vaccum ports use one for the BOV and block the rest. Here is a diagram:

Here is a pic of my heater VSV. I don't have my heater hooked up, but the plug worked fine.
Old 03-18-13, 10:07 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Okay so I think I may have figured out the climate control issue...hopefully it will take care of the radio issue as well...I will have to confir topmorrow. I was checking out the 1jz ecu pinouts on http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...JZZ30%20Soarer and it appears that I may have missed extending 1 body plug... I only extended 4 sets of plugs...There are still 3 connectors that come o where the connectors go anywhere and I know there arent 7 body plugs to extend on the saoarer harness I can even find the connectors on the 1jz pinout link I posted above. The connector I believe I did not extend and need to is this plug..
JZZ30 Toyota Soarer 1JZ-GTE 90980-10803 Engine Loom to Body Loom Plug

I will take a pic of the other two connectors that are on the same pigtail as the connector I pasted above to try and troubleshoot the unused connectors...Can anyone confirm that the other two connectors are related to trc? Or tell me what they are for? I know that I have the extra connectors down by the tranny but these are on a separate branch of the harness, up by where the connectors for the ecu come off the harness... I am 99% sure the small one is my 5th body connector I needed to extend but didn't.

Pretty crazy that I missed a whole body plug and the car still starts and runs fine...I issed the only accessory body connector...lmao

Last edited by SupraDremr; 03-18-13 at 10:12 PM.