Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-13, 04:42 PM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!

Okay so here it goes... Shoutout to xspi6 for the GE harness! Good man!. The purpose of this thread is to show pretty much what needs to be done to prepare a harness for a plug & play Aristo swap, or Na-t tt ecu mod. Iv'e been curious over some time now regarding this puzzle, and after plentyyy of wiring diagrams i think i might have it on lock. Im a busy man as i run a business, and this is just the beginning of this thread. i will try to finish this conversion as time lets me. So far, this is what i have been on! Need to pin in TT components, coming soon
Attached Thumbnails GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!-img_20130123_132421.jpg   GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!-img_20130123_184148.jpg   GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!-img_20130124_213937.jpg   GE/GTE Harness Wiring!!!-img_20130125_154725.jpg  
Old 01-26-13, 08:49 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff, but thats overkill for a tt ecu swap.

No offense but you know theres a massive thread with all this info already compiled in it?, You must be adding in wiring for a cps, coil packs and map?

Dont get me wrong cause i love write-ups and diy's but.... wheres the puzzle? ali already figured all this stuff out.
Old 01-26-13, 01:26 PM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Yeah ive read all about them, and spoken to a few ppl that have already done the swap, i wasn't going to post this up, just wanted to share what iv'e been doing, there is AWESOME THREADS HERE AND IM NOT BASHING NONE OF THEM. This is actually going to be for a aristo 2jz swap plug & play harness. and yes ali did figure it out, ive read his thread various times. Whether you go na-t or swap wiring is always going to be involved, that is a fact. And yes im going to be adding all thats needed to run a GTE ECU.
Old 01-26-13, 03:33 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by nuturf87
Yeah ive read all about them, and spoken to a few ppl that have already done the swap, i wasn't going to post this up, just wanted to share what iv'e been doing, there is AWESOME THREADS HERE AND IM NOT BASHING NONE OF THEM. This is actually going to be for a aristo 2jz swap plug & play harness. and yes ali did figure it out, ive read his thread various times. Whether you go na-t or swap wiring is always going to be involved, that is a fact. And yes im going to be adding all thats needed to run a GTE ECU.
Yeah awesome! post more pics and if u need any help i did the aristo ecu swap too.
Old 01-27-13, 04:53 PM
sclee00
Rookie

me gusta im watching this for sure
Old 01-27-13, 04:58 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for results!! This is going to be interesting for sure and if there is a real lamens diy for this then I can't hardly wait!!

Glad to know the harness made it to a good project!
Old 01-27-13, 06:37 PM
sweetchuck
Rookie

+1 for this thread. i have a extra GE auto harness and want to run my TT JDM ecu. if i can delete and re pin wires / make a tap for the data logger and still retain functionality of the harness, i want to see how it's done before i hack into this extra harness.
Old 01-28-13, 02:21 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Nice project, Unwrapping the harness and running all the wires is the proper way to do wiring mods.
I only ran 2 new wires though since I am na-t so I didn't want to unwrap for 2 wires, but for a full GTE swap you have to add in all the little stuff for the twins and it is easier to get the cam sensor wires to pop out in the right spots if you unwrap. good luck if you get stuck post it up there are lots of people doing this or at least asking about it recently.

Aristo swappers already had many options and na-t had none for factory ecu's so my thread was focused on na-t but there are many other applications like this.
some people go with a single turbo or TTC cause it cuts down on wiring.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 01-28-13 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-28-13, 04:37 PM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Nothing wrong with more information. The more correct info the better. Keep it coming.
Old 01-29-13, 10:52 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Thanks guys! Chris i see you man!..lol. @ Ali yes sir, not worth going through the whole wiring mess just to add sensors/ power ect.. Its easy when the harness is on the car plugged up and running, cause your only de-pinning what your are removing, and adding in what you need making the TT ECU mod a breeze. BUT on the other hand i had a harness that needs a bunch of junk removed from it so i'm stuck with the full package of wires, thanks chris. I just want to run the necessary components to have an easier/cleaner harness for swapped cars/ or anybody looking to run a na-t "budget turbo ecu". This particular harness will be set up for a manual swap, and will be also plug and play for AEM V2
Old 01-29-13, 11:07 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Once the harness is done, i'm considering finding someone that currently has a GTE swapped sc or that needs a harness made to run their swap, to make sure everything is working properly on the harness conversion. I had to sell my sc last year due to starting my business and don't have a car to put it in and try it. Looking forward to this conversion! BTW ive already been looking into: VVTI 2jz swap wiring, and possibly Motec ecu plug and play wiring. Ahhhhhh so much to do so little time. @sweetchuck P'M me regarding harness. @ali this wiring is gonna be for a single setup, removing all VSV and crap out the way.

Last edited by nuturf87; 01-29-13 at 11:11 AM.