Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Xerd/Mvp Header Or Obx For N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 04:56 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Xerd/Mvp Header Or Obx For N/A?

Hey CL , I Am Searching for an aftermarket header for my n/a sc300
ive read up on These 2 headers Xerd and Obx

For the obx i hear there welds break and that stock 02 sensors dont fit

as far as the Mvp/xerd header i hear good about them and saw only one sc300 right up. i have yet to hear what it sounds like what do you guys think i need feed back asap.

Price for Obx is $350 And Mvp/xerds is $450

Thanks
Old 01-11-13, 05:08 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO just save the $ and go Turbo instead. but since i don't have any experience of these headers i'll say just go w/ the MVP header since you heard the welds breaks on the OBX header.
Old 01-11-13, 05:15 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I had the Xerd/MVP one for about a week. It will sound raspy as hell around 3k rpm. It was so bad that I had to get rid of it. It's due to the design of the tubes. I kept thinking it was an exhaust leak, but there are an incredible amount of cases where people complained about that same raspy issue as I was experiencing.
Old 01-11-13, 05:59 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SC300_704
IMO just save the $ and go Turbo instead. but since i don't have any experience of these headers i'll say just go w/ the MVP header since you heard the welds breaks on the OBX header.
I Have Another 2j laying around that im rebuilding and gonna boost so the n/a is my daily for now just need a new header due to mine being cracked open at the cat
Old 01-11-13, 06:02 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I had the Xerd/MVP one for about a week. It will sound raspy as hell around 3k rpm. It was so bad that I had to get rid of it. It's due to the design of the tubes. I kept thinking it was an exhaust leak, but there are an incredible amount of cases where people complained about that same raspy issue as I was experiencing.
ive also heard that but what exhaust did you have mated to it? and is there any type of exhaust clip with these mvp headers?
Old 01-11-13, 06:03 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SCSIN
never had my welds break
I have read multiple cases doesn't mean all will break but some have
Old 01-12-13, 06:02 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Any input guys?
Old 01-13-13, 06:34 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

this crowd is useless.
Old 01-13-13, 07:22 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they're useless cause everyone will tell you to go turbo, because they know what you want out of your own car.

Unless you got a fully built NA tuned high revving motor, I dont think the 2JZ-GE in its stock form can benefit a substantial amount from specific header designs.

So might as well save that $100 and put it elsewhere in the car. You in the bx right? If you wanna come see/hear mine you're welcome.

I have OBX headers on mine for about a year now, no cracks no nothing.
Old 01-14-13, 10:20 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Candela
Yeah they're useless cause everyone will tell you to go turbo, because they know what you want out of your own car.

Unless you got a fully built NA tuned high revving motor, I dont think the 2JZ-GE in its stock form can benefit a substantial amount from specific header designs.

So might as well save that $100 and put it elsewhere in the car. You in the bx right? If you wanna come see/hear mine you're welcome.

I have OBX headers on mine for about a year now, no cracks no nothing.
nice do you have a vid of the header setup and nice where in nyc are you located.
Old 01-14-13, 10:35 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

I've had the MVP one for about 2 years and they sound great with the exhaust that I have. No rasp. No rattle. If you plan on staying NA for a while then the MVP is worth the extra buck. I had to order two OBX and both of them did not fit by a mile. MVP fit perfectly the first time.

For a possible future question, I have the header, to a 2.5 straight pipe with a high flow resonator in the middle and a HKS Hi-Flow Titanium muffler. Single exit exhaust.
Old 01-14-13, 10:47 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ashtray
I've had the MVP one for about 2 years and they sound great with the exhaust that I have. No rasp. No rattle. If you plan on staying NA for a while then the MVP is worth the extra buck. I had to order two OBX and both of them did not fit by a mile. MVP fit perfectly the first time.

For a possible future question, I have the header, to a 2.5 straight pipe with a high flow resonator in the middle and a HKS Hi-Flow Titanium muffler. Single exit exhaust.
Nice damn im in the middle with both of these headers i wish the mvp price was more reasonable and i have a single exit exhaust already in the plans its actually sitting rite next to my bed lmao and ashtray i might just go with these do you have an exhaust clip to have me sold?
Old 01-14-13, 11:19 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the OBX headers on my sc300. Nothing has gone wrong with them but I had to buy them since my original cat/headers cracked . I have the downpipe connected too.
Edit: mufflers are EBay top speed pro 1

Here's the sound clip of my car. http://vimeo.com/42353542

I am gonna put these up for sale for cheap soon since my 1j swap is 90% done
Old 01-14-13, 11:22 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kez
I have the OBX headers on my sc300. Nothing has gone wrong with them but I had to buy them since my original cat/headers cracked . I have the downpipe connected too.
Edit: mufflers are EBay top speed pro 1

Here's the sound clip of my car. http://vimeo.com/42353542

I am gonna put these up for sale for cheap soon since my 1j swap is 90% done
sell me yours with the o2's than i like the way it sounds
Old 01-14-13, 11:32 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Nah no vid. I live in queens though.

My OBX headers fit no problem. I just had to buy aftermarket O2 sensors that have the threaded flange that comes off.

Quick Reply: Xerd/Mvp Header Or Obx For N/A?