Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

passenger window issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 05:03 PM
jschru
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger window issue

i know the passenger window issues are common however Ive searched and havnt found anything similar. to start my driver side window currently works, i had issues with it a few months ago and with the help of cl find a break in a wire, in the door harness between the door and body which i repaired and have had no issues with.

my passenger window currently does not work and i have found no similar breaks in the harness on either the driver side or passenger side. whats interesting is the led on the window switch is not lit up on either the drivers or passenger side however the led is lit up for the drivers window indicating to me that there is no power going to the switch. so i'm stumped any and all suggestions appreciated.
Old 01-08-13, 05:56 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

whats interesting is the led on the window switch is not lit up on either the drivers or passenger side however the led is lit up for the drivers window indicating to me that there is no power going to the switch
I don't get it...the passenger and the drivers side led do not work, but some led on the drivers side something is illuminating?

First thing I'd check is fuses. popped ones create incomplete circuits.
Old 01-08-13, 06:35 PM
jschru
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
I don't get it...the passenger and the drivers side led do not work, but some led on the drivers side something is illuminating?

First thing I'd check is fuses. popped ones create incomplete circuits.
if you look on your window switch panel theres an led that lights up the switch so you can see it at night. the switch for the drivers window is illuminate but the switch for the passenger window is not illuminate on either the drivers door or passenger door. both doors are on the same fuse from what i know and the fuse is fine plus the drivers window works
Old 01-08-13, 07:24 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jschru
if you look on your window switch panel theres an led that lights up the switch so you can see it at night. the switch for the drivers window is illuminate but the switch for the passenger window is not illuminate on either the drivers door or passenger door. both doors are on the same fuse from what i know and the fuse is fine plus the drivers window works
Then the only thing I can say is to backtrack the wires that go from the switch. I'm sure there is a breakage of some sort somewhere...