Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can't Get Boost Down with Blitz Dual SBC Spec R...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-13, 03:45 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't Get Boost Down with Blitz Dual SBC Spec R...

I finally got my NA-T setup together and went out today to do some street tuning.....and low and behold I find in 3rd gear and above that boost jumps over 20 pounds....obviously I don't want to be that high on pump gas...

So I double checked my settings on the SBC and they are set to 0 which should mean its just running wastegate boost. Well it still is boosting over 20 in the higher gears when I try to do pulls so I'm wondering if the boost controller is bad; And if so I was just going to bypass the boost controller for now and run a line straight to wastegate....because I can't imagine the wastegate spring is that high in the GReddy external wg.

Has anyone had issues like this with their Blitz Dual SBC?
Old 01-03-13, 03:59 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
I finally got my NA-T setup together and went out today to do some street tuning.....and low and behold I find in 3rd gear and above that boost jumps over 20 pounds....obviously I don't want to be that high on pump gas...

So I double checked my settings on the SBC and they are set to 0 which should mean its just running wastegate boost. Well it still is boosting over 20 in the higher gears when I try to do pulls so I'm wondering if the boost controller is bad; And if so I was just going to bypass the boost controller for now and run a line straight to wastegate....because I can't imagine the wastegate spring is that high in the GReddy external wg.

Has anyone had issues like this with their Blitz Dual SBC?
The problem is most likely an issue with manifold design/efficiency and a phenomenon called boost creep it is a very common issue!
Is your manifold divided or open? turbo divided or open? wastegate type? spring inside? vacuum line configuration from SBC ???? Are you indexing boost pressure from the turbo to the gate?
Old 01-03-13, 04:25 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
The problem is most likely an issue with manifold design/efficiency and a phenomenon called boost creep it is a very common issue!
Is your manifold divided or open? turbo divided or open? wastegate type? spring inside? vacuum line configuration from SBC ???? Are you indexing boost pressure from the turbo to the gate?
It's an open manifold and open turbo....GReddy Type R gate...not sure on spring inside...was guessing it would be around 14 pounds...previous owner said he was able to run 11 pounds on it so that's why I feel like it's possibly the Blitz acting up. Vacuum line from out goes right to wastegate nipple which is like 14" away from bc solenoid. I'm taking boost from a t that was installed off of boost gauge...there is no nipple on turbo compressor to source from.
Old 01-03-13, 07:00 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
It's an open manifold and open turbo....GReddy Type R gate...not sure on spring inside...was guessing it would be around 14 pounds...previous owner said he was able to run 11 pounds on it so that's why I feel like it's possibly the Blitz acting up. Vacuum line from out goes right to wastegate nipple which is like 14" away from bc solenoid. I'm taking boost from a t that was installed off of boost gauge...there is no nipple on turbo compressor to source from.
Check your PM