Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone have Pics on Dual Pump setup for in-tank?

Old 11-19-12, 10:05 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone have Pics on Dual Pump setup for in-tank?

in my quest for 500hp i have reached a hurdle.

i need more fuel! one walboro 255 isnt going to cut it. i need some insurance. so i am going with a dual pump setup. so i need ideas.

so far i've been told to go with two 255's hooked up to the hanger. but one tuner told me the hanger can swing up if enough force is given and the fuel pumps wont pick up any gas in the tank.

or so i go with something like a Bosch 044 and run it inline?

if you have pictures of your dual in-tank setup. i'd like to see how u put them on the hanger.

im so close to completing this 500hp project.
Old 11-19-12, 11:42 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Just run 1 Walbro 400 lph which will make over 600 on pump with stock lines, Easy solution.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALBRO-400LP...a19c19&vxp=mtr
Old 11-20-12, 02:37 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

agreed .use 1 walbro 400 but please use a -6an new feed line and a -6an return line .. stock line size is a tad small for this pump as it flows a ton of fuel
Old 11-20-12, 11:29 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i was gonna go with the Aeromotive 340lph,

but i suppose this will do. seems a lot less to deal with than running 2 pumps.
Old 11-21-12, 05:36 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I also would like to see some pictures of the stock bracket and lines with two pumps...
Old 11-21-12, 07:59 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you can include me in this! I've been wondering about this setup for the SC's since so many MKIV owners run dual in tank pumps.
Old 11-21-12, 08:27 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

At least I made a thread that doesn't requiring me to say search lol

I saw a few threads on supra forums about this too. If no one can show anything. I will make my own "do it yourself thread" with help from a friend here that runs his own performance shop.
Old 11-21-12, 08:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

For those asking for pics on two denso pumps install...

Initially thought of using 3 Denso pumps till I decided to go with a Weldon 2345a for high boost / hp and one Denso for cruising so I don't hear a lot of pump noise from the Weldon. More pumps , more points of failure which was one thing told by a well known supra shop so I was convinced not to go with 3 Denso pumps... although everyone knows they are very reliable pumps.

When I was installing the three denso , I had to install 2 first on the hanger and then assemble the third inside .. You barely can get those two Denso inside that opening..

Since I was using E85, to make everything E85 friendly , I decided to use a distribution box that will be fed by the 3 denso through the fuel level sensor top opening. and be able to use just one big line towards the front. My return line was on top of the other tank opening though you can just use the OEM feed / return line I believe to save on another line though I don't know how it will react with E85 if you are using E85. As Larry (SP) says, -6an line return is more than enough. I just had to use a -8an return since Weldon actually even recommends -10an return for their 2345a racing pump.

If you are only using two denso, then just use a splitter fitting to merge the output of the two pumps into one.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-21-12 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-24-12, 12:54 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Anyone here use the aeromotive a1000 pump? I have the opportunity to get one cheap.
Old 11-24-12, 03:22 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

dual walbro 400 in the red dragon sc i built a few months ago .. these are run with dual -6an feeds with -6an return is good for alittle over 800 rwhp on e85

for 500-550 on pump . 1 of these is perfect

i would never do more then a dual pump setup , if dual is not enough , go weldon with weldon dial a flow and be done with it
Old 11-24-12, 03:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gerrb
For those asking for pics on two denso pumps install...

Initially thought of using 3 Denso pumps till I decided to go with a Weldon 2345a for high boost / hp and one Denso for cruising so I don't hear a lot of pump noise from the Weldon. More pumps , more points of failure which was one thing told by a well known supra shop so I was convinced not to go with 3 Denso pumps... although everyone knows they are very reliable pumps.

When I was installing the three denso , I had to install 2 first on the hanger and then assemble the third inside .. You barely can get those two Denso inside that opening..

Since I was using E85, to make everything E85 friendly , I decided to use a distribution box that will be fed by the 3 denso through the fuel level sensor top opening. and be able to use just one big line towards the front. My return line was on top of the other tank opening though you can just use the OEM feed / return line I believe to save on another line though I don't know how it will react with E85 if you are using E85. As Larry (SP) says, -6an line return is more than enough. I just had to use a -8an return since Weldon actually even recommends -10an return for their 2345a racing pump.

If you are only using two denso, then just use a splitter fitting to merge the output of the two pumps into one.

what type of fittings did you use out the fuel sender cap ...
Old 11-24-12, 04:20 PM
Kire
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good write ups. I know I found a link to a shop that sells the assembly for a dual fuel pump setup. I'm thinking about going this route.

https://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=112
Old 11-24-12, 05:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kire
Very good write ups. I know I found a link to a shop that sells the assembly for a dual fuel pump setup. I'm thinking about going this route.

https://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=112
Nice set up, but the Swift Racing assembly will not work on the SC. The SC hanger is angled, and you have to get that correct with whatever you do. Their's is straight, and they do not list the SC as a fit on their website for that product. Do not use it for the SC.

TTC Performance made some for the SC that fit properly. They are very nice and I use one on my TT V8 SC set up. The dual cup will only fit the Walbro pumps, and not the Denso's. MVP or Titan may have one that fits the SC that has a Denso cup, as the Denso pumps are a larger diameter.

Here is the link that shows the one I use in my car:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...exus-SC300-400**

See post 600 on this link on my project thread. You can also go back a page or two and see additional pics of it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...age-ii-40.html

Ryan

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 11-24-12 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 09:11 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i really wanna keep it simple. everyone is telling me the walboro 400 is good. but i gotta upgrade the fuel lines to -8an and blah blah blah. i just want this car to make 500hp.
Old 11-24-12, 10:31 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

No need to upgrade the lines for 500 whp on pump with the walbro 400 as I have known people to make 600 on pump andon stock lines although that would be at or near the limit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have Pics on Dual Pump setup for in-tank?