Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc 300 wont start after swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-12, 10:12 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc 300 wont start after swap

hey everyone i'm looking for anyone that can help me with this problem. I have done the aristo swap
with the soarer R 154 trans. I have done all the work putting the oil pump on and switching out the water pump. and doing the rear sump pan and then put the trans and motor together and dropped them in. then i grounded the block the head and ran a ground from the batterie to the body of the car. then hooked up the fuel lines and then hooked up the starter. everything that needs to be on to make it start and drive down the street. And thats the problem it wont start. the harness is made by tweaked performance so there should not be a problem there. i did a volt reading on all the coil's and the igniter. I even went out and got another igniter just to make sure it was not that. I also checked the crank and cam sensors all good there. i do have a inovate wide band o2 setup on it thats not completed. i had it installed when i did my na-t build and also i have a apexi safc2 controller that i still need to install. but that should not matter at this time because it has not been tied into the system yet. but what i think it might be is my anti theft system but not to sure i am using a aftermarket key because i don't have the original one. I did call are local lexus parts dealer and they said for this year it should not matter on the anti theft system. I can get the doors to unlock but wont lock. it wont even make a sound when you try to lock it and there are no other dash lights on but the door lock light on the switch will light up but very faint not sure what thats about. not even sure thats part of my problem. but anyway it turns over like its about to start and i get a sputter like its about to but no go. the hot side to the turbos are getting hot to so i know its getting fire just not sure its getting enough fuel. I still have my fuel ecu in and it works with the aristo ecu it turns on and loads up and stops when its ready just like it should and i am running the welbro 255 pump so i should be getting enough fuel???? any ideas pleas let me know i wanna drive this thing. Its been over a year and a half since i started this build so i'm really ready to drive it now
Old 10-21-12, 05:29 PM
buckwheat
Driver

anyone out there ? Oh well i pulled a code on it and i'm getting 14 and 47 for a code
Old 10-22-12, 01:08 PM
subeone
Driver School Candidate

you have weak ignition signal from the ignitor, i would check your harness and ecu pinout for any "irregularities".
Old 10-22-12, 05:40 PM
buckwheat
Driver

ok will do. would using the sc 300 original alternator be any problem. not enough amps ? or are they the same?
Old 10-22-12, 07:26 PM
subeone
Driver School Candidate

should not be a problem at all although i would check it at your local autoparts store. Regardless, if you think its the anti theft system, jump the engine directly with the battery and just touch the starter solenoid, if the engine starts then its ur anti theft system. Maybe this is stupid but check your EFI relay, put your key on the on position, take out the efi relay then when u connect it back make sure u feel a "click" which is made by the magnet when it gets electrical current. Also, have you checked if you even have spark? if so, then its not your ignitor, but make sure you have a healthy blue spark. Check your grounds. Get a diagram of all your chassis grounds for your harness and the ECU. Please check this, many people overlook that. Of course all of this is under the asumption your battery is good.

Report back! if nothing then we will go to the timing aspect, since im assuming you have checked your timing belt for proper position.
Old 10-22-12, 07:36 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Check to make sure youre getting some sort of voltage to the igf wire at the ecu.
Old 10-22-12, 07:47 PM
buckwheat
Driver

I checked and can here the relay klick so it should be working fine. I will check out the other stuff on the ecu tomorrow and will be back on with my results
Old 10-22-12, 07:49 PM
buckwheat
Driver

Originally Posted by subeone
should not be a problem at all although i would check it at your local autoparts store. Regardless, if you think its the anti theft system, jump the engine directly with the battery and just touch the starter solenoid, if the engine starts then its ur anti theft system. Maybe this is stupid but check your EFI relay, put your key on the on position, take out the efi relay then when u connect it back make sure u feel a "click" which is made by the magnet when it gets electrical current. Also, have you checked if you even have spark? if so, then its not your ignitor, but make sure you have a healthy blue spark. Check your grounds. Get a diagram of all your chassis grounds for your harness and the ECU. Please check this, many people overlook that. Of course all of this is under the asumption your battery is good.

Report back! if nothing then we will go to the timing aspect, since im assuming you have checked your timing belt for proper position.
ya timing is good thats the first thing i checked
Old 10-22-12, 07:58 PM
subeone
Driver School Candidate

sounds good, when your checking the ECU check 12+ and ignitor signal.
Old 10-22-12, 09:24 PM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Hey man, You and Josh weren't able to get anything figured out on the phone the other day?
Old 10-23-12, 06:38 AM
buckwheat
Driver

yeah he had me check the orange wire for voltage i got a 13.54 at the igniter and at the coils so i'm good there.
so next i'm going to check the ecu for voltage at port 58 IGF to see what going on there. and if thats good i'm moving on the to the fuel pressure to see if i'm lagging there. thanks you guy's for all your help on this it is really appreciated big time
Old 10-23-12, 07:16 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

No problem man! We just wanna see you get up and running!!!
Old 10-23-12, 07:18 AM
Aristoman
Driver

I am having the exact same problem. I just did the swap using Tweak'd wiring harness for a 97 original 5-speed car. when i turn the key on all the lights come on on the dash but when i go to start it nothing happens. it doesnt even crank. however when i jump pins 3 and 5 of the starter relay it cranks.

I think it has to do something with the Aristo ECU as its designed for an automatic transmission and it needs to be fooled to think that the car is in Neutral in order for it to start. Im not sure if Tweak'd already did this on the harness or not. Let me know if you figure something out.

Thanks
Old 10-23-12, 02:46 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Aristoman
I am having the exact same problem. I just did the swap using Tweak'd wiring harness for a 97 original 5-speed car. when i turn the key on all the lights come on on the dash but when i go to start it nothing happens. it doesnt even crank. however when i jump pins 3 and 5 of the starter relay it cranks.

I think it has to do something with the Aristo ECU as its designed for an automatic transmission and it needs to be fooled to think that the car is in Neutral in order for it to start. Im not sure if Tweak'd already did this on the harness or not. Let me know if you figure something out.

Thanks
If you do a search on this forum. I remember reading a thread that required running a fire from the ecu to the body plug. I believe the harness was done by dr tweak as well.
Old 10-23-12, 02:48 PM
Aristoman
Driver

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
If you do a search on this forum. I remember reading a thread that required running a fire from the ecu to the body plug. I believe the harness was done by dr tweak as well.
Yeah i've been searching CL for the past two days. I did see a few threads and PM'd the members but no replys as of yet.

Quick Reply: sc 300 wont start after swap