Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

someone pleasee helpppp!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-02, 03:12 PM
liviz40102
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone pleasee helpppp!!

oK i HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM IN MY 1993 SC400 THAT JUST OCCURED A FEW DAYS AGO, AND IM EXTREMELY CONFUSED ON WHERE TO EVEN START IN DIAGNOSING THE ISSUE. i FIND THAT A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SO IM GOING TO GIVE IT MY BEST SHOT EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM AND HOPEFULLY ONE OF YOU CAN LITERALLY SAVE MY *** RIGHT NOW FROM THE "RAPING ME OF MY LIFE SAVINGS DEALERSHIPS" ERRR I MEAN THE LEXUS DEALERSHIP....

WELL ANYWAY THE PROBLEM IS SIMPLY THIS.

A few days ago, (after just commenting at a redlight to myself about what a reliable perfect car I am fortunate enought to own) on the way to work, I arrived at the office and turned my key to the off position (duhh like always when turning off a car) and all of a sudden, instead of the normal sound of the steering wheel raising back up and the dash lighs and all electrical systems turning off, my car literally stays on entirely (except for the engine of course). Then, after a few seconds, the dash lights will pulse, the door chime will sound, the sterring wheel will then 5 MINUTES later mysteriously decide to wake up and go back to normal... IN OTHER WORDS... the car is recognizing itself as 100% "on" when I turn the key off and im literally at my wits end in trying to figure out WHAT ON EARTH is causing this problem.... my feeling is this..

It is obviously an electrical problem, but my question is.. where??

could it be in the module that controlls the steering wheel function not recognizing that the car is turning off??

or is it maybe more of an "in depth" problem than that.? Either way, I am very hesitant to take it to my dealership here in ym area for reasons of EXTREME over diagnosment of problems in the past that they have done and prankly I am borderline thinking that my lexus dealership is almost a "fraud" type establishment which prides itself on changing engines when all they need are ummmm "oil changes".. if ya know what i mean...

Either way, ANY HELP whatsoever from any of the member will be more appreciated that you will know. Like I said before, there are alot of people on here that far exceed what I call "qalified" for your opinions.

thanks.. hope to hear from you guys... if anyone..

Last edited by Daddy-O; 11-30-02 at 06:06 PM.