Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

FFIM on auto sc300

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-12, 11:52 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FFIM on auto sc300

Hey guys so im getting my Front facing intake manifold this week made by clubna-t & XSpower. The only problem is that ill be running it on my auto sc which has the line pressure cable. Ill be bolting on my stock throttle body and use a TT mkiv throttle cable but what can i do with the line pressure cable?

ill also install my boost logic egr block off plate, and my driftmotion power steering pump Feed Pipe so i can relocate my reservoir. If any one knows what i can do with the line pressure cable or extend it somehow i guess.. Please let me know
Old 09-24-12, 11:53 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Um, pull it full lock and fasten it. This way you get full line pressure and slip the clutches less.
Old 09-24-12, 01:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

some people lock it, you could probably fab up a longer cable if it won't reach the new spot as well.
Old 09-24-12, 07:37 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Um, pull it full lock and fasten it. This way you get full line pressure and slip the clutches less.
Hmm sounds like this is something I would want to do instead of extending it.. Is there any downsides of doing this?
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
some people lock it, you could probably fab up a longer cable if it won't reach the new spot as well.
I want to try fasten it down on full lock but any downsides of doing this? Because if I lock it I can just get a q45 throttle body or smaller aftermarket one..
Old 09-24-12, 09:36 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is one 10 mm or 12mm bolt on top of bell housing behind head and block...look with a light and youll see it unbolt problem solved.... yes i have an auto ffim turbo sc300....pm if u need more help...
Old 09-24-12, 09:38 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also u can use a throttle cable off of a 93-96 camry...probably cheaper then what u paid for the mk4 one and its always readily available at any junkyard....
Old 09-24-12, 09:59 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scviolence
There is one 10 mm or 12mm bolt on top of bell housing behind head and block...look with a light and youll see it unbolt problem solved.... yes i have an auto ffim turbo sc300....pm if u need more help...
Alright thanks
Originally Posted by scviolence
Also u can use a throttle cable off of a 93-96 camry...probably cheaper then what u paid for the mk4 one and its always readily available at any junkyard....
So i could of just got a throttle cable of a 1995 4 cylinder camry because i have family member parting one out?
Old 09-24-12, 10:54 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

There is a decent chance the camry cable may not make it. I had to get one from a v8 landcruiser but my intake is custom.

if you fasten it down at full lock you could potentially wear stuff out faster, also it will shift harder all the time.
Old 09-25-12, 04:50 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

truthfully speaking , why not convert over to the electronic gte tt auto . just a few wires and youre golden with a better tranny for boost and no more concerns with getting the kickdown cable to work . you are already using the tt ecu and even better when you convert over to aem .
Old 09-25-12, 09:28 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
truthfully speaking , why not convert over to the electronic gte tt auto . just a few wires and youre golden with a better tranny for boost and no more concerns with getting the kickdown cable to work . you are already using the tt ecu and even better when you convert over to aem .
Exactly what he said. if you are using a TT ecu and want to stay auto, its a pretty cheap upgrade if you can handle the downtime/swap.
Old 09-25-12, 12:35 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Just a quick note for anyone searching.

Softening line pressure enables the clutches to slip more.

Increasing line pressure ensures full engagement of clutches and thus, more life as well as making every shift hard. This would be terrible if you are trying to drive your car in the snow, but no other "Disadvantages".
Old 09-25-12, 01:59 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

good info, so the downside is the hard shifting all the time, not wear and tear.
snow.. lol, no no the sc should not be going near any snow.
Old 09-25-12, 06:49 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

There is a decent chance the camry cable may not make it. I had to get one from a v8 landcruiser but my intake is custom.

if you fasten it down at full lock you could potentially wear stuff out faster, also it will shift harder all the time.
Oh ok well see if the mkiv throttle cable will be long enough because i just got my ffim from xspower & clubna-t and its pretty long. I hope the tranny wont wear out fast enough lol
Originally Posted by lexforlife
Really the tranny will just bolt right up? will i have to do any wiring?
Exactly what he said. if you are using a TT ecu and want to stay auto, its a pretty cheap upgrade if you can handle the downtime/swap.
Mmm I was actually going to be going for the Boost logic na-t tranny they offer. But if i get the tt auto tranny will i have to do any wiring? and ill probably need a new tranny computer?
Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Just a quick note for anyone searching.

Softening line pressure enables the clutches to slip more.

Increasing line pressure ensures full engagement of clutches and thus, more life as well as making every shift hard. This would be terrible if you are trying to drive your car in the snow, but no other "Disadvantages".
Oh ok good to know then.. But boosted sc should never come close to snow lol
good info, so the downside is the hard shifting all the time, not wear and tear.
snow.. lol, no no the sc should not be going near any snow.
Lol ye totally agreed... Boosted sc + snow is a terrible idea haha
Old 02-24-13, 10:25 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bumping this cuz im about to go this same route.

I drive mine in the snow all the time. Hell its snowing like crazy today and im gonna go for a drive in a few.

Im trying to decide which trans to go with, as I plan on going with a FFIM im about to purchase.

I know that going with a TT auto would be better, i am still torn on running a TT ecu and a piggy back or or going with AEM. My main concern is cost... i know that running AEM is better.

I can get a BL NA-T auto for cheaper than the BL TT auto.

I guess if Im gonna run the TT ecu than it makes sense to go with the TT auto, it actually seems to make more sense to go with it either way.

Anyone else have an FFIM working well on their auto?
Old 02-25-13, 03:17 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

TT Trans = extra clutch pack. That's better no matter how you slice it, built or not. 500whp easily, and some guys have touched 700whp on the TT A340 Aisin Auto.

Funny earlier in this thread it was "No snow for SC's!", I just got done a 40 mile trip after a foot dropped!

Quick Reply: FFIM on auto sc300