Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel pump computers all tested bad SC400

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 08:03 AM
krazy6518
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been dealing with the problem. I bypassed the Fuel Pump ECU, a few weeks ok, and now I have to give it a little throttle or it won't run.

As a seperate issue, I had a high tension cable going to one of the ignition coils have the seal deformed from previous owner (#$%#$%#$$#%%^^@#!@!), which i noticed one day when I saw arcing near the plug correspond to low idle missfires. So I'm going to replace the ignition coil hopefully tonight.

I've also had the trac and Check engine light come on periodically, followed by them turning off.

So far these are the things that (as far as I know) that may be contributing to the issue:

1) Fuel pump ECU bad (failure to ramp up voltage to fuel pump correctly)
2) ignition system has a worn out part (caps, rotors, ignition coil)
3) fuel pump is weak or bad
4) fuel filter can be plugged
5) 02 sensors (the coded reason for the trac light and CEL)

and 2 new thoughts i found on this thread:

6) main ECU is failing to operate corrrectly
7) electrical lines to fuel pump can be corroded and not delivering the neccessary power to the pump

So far my new solution will be to replace the ignition coils and high tension cables and sparkplug cables (maybe the arcing had an accelerated wear on the coils). Followed by a fuel pump ecu replacement (from ebay, not a new one). If either of these fix the problem, I will repost, if not I will look at the voltages the previous thread members were looking at.

On the bright side, sitting at a red light with a little too much throttle and the trac off, leads to overcoming the 'soft' torque converter (i.e. woops there was a cop and I burned rubber).
Old 03-27-16, 04:29 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy6518
I have also been dealing with the problem. I bypassed the Fuel Pump ECU, a few weeks ok, and now I have to give it a little throttle or it won't run.

As a seperate issue, I had a high tension cable going to one of the ignition coils have the seal deformed from previous owner (#$%#$%#$$#%%^^@#!@!), which i noticed one day when I saw arcing near the plug correspond to low idle missfires. So I'm going to replace the ignition coil hopefully tonight.

I've also had the trac and Check engine light come on periodically, followed by them turning off.

So far these are the things that (as far as I know) that may be contributing to the issue:

1) Fuel pump ECU bad (failure to ramp up voltage to fuel pump correctly)
2) ignition system has a worn out part (caps, rotors, ignition coil)
3) fuel pump is weak or bad
4) fuel filter can be plugged
5) 02 sensors (the coded reason for the trac light and CEL)

and 2 new thoughts i found on this thread:

6) main ECU is failing to operate corrrectly
7) electrical lines to fuel pump can be corroded and not delivering the neccessary power to the pump

So far my new solution will be to replace the ignition coils and high tension cables and sparkplug cables (maybe the arcing had an accelerated wear on the coils). Followed by a fuel pump ecu replacement (from ebay, not a new one). If either of these fix the problem, I will repost, if not I will look at the voltages the previous thread members were looking at.

On the bright side, sitting at a red light with a little too much throttle and the trac off, leads to overcoming the 'soft' torque converter (i.e. woops there was a cop and I burned rubber).
So what ever became of this? I have the fuel pump bypass and my injectors will not fire. I have spark and timing, but the injectors will not open.

Iam going to get a main fuel relay today and pray this finally works.