Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help!!looking for info!! 2nd Swing!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 11:35 AM
ViPeRHunTeR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!!looking for info!! 2nd Swing!!

Just about tired of all my hondas "getting older I guess". So I got a wild hair and ordered a soarer tt front clip last week. I have two and 1/2 months to find a car to put in. So now I am in search of a car, a sc300!!! Just wondering if any of yall "yes yall !!! I am from georgia" had any info or a swap guide to save me some "maybe a little" trouble.

Since the clip I ordered is a 5 speed, are all the parts compatible to turn a auto in to a stick?

I am also looking for wiring help most of all!!!! like ecu pinouts and codes!!

Looking forward to being involved here, your help will be much appreciated!!
Thanks matt

P.S. I hope this handle doesn't offend anyone!!!
Old 11-13-02, 11:49 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Uh, why would yoo buy a clip with no car to put it in?
Look in teh classified section, that’s where people buy and sell cars. The search function also provides Lots of info. And it may have been better to post this in the engine section............and yeah your first handle was really tasteless.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 11-13-02 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-13-02, 12:03 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Help!!looking for info!! 2nd Swing!!

Originally posted by ViPeRHunTeR
Just about tired of all my hondas "getting older I guess". So I got a wild hair and ordered a soarer tt front clip last week. I have two and 1/2 months to find a car to put in. So now I am in search of a car, a sc300!!! Just wondering if any of yall "yes yall !!! I am from georgia" had any info or a swap guide to save me some "maybe a little" trouble.

Since the clip I ordered is a 5 speed, are all the parts compatible to turn a auto in to a stick?

I am also looking for wiring help most of all!!!! like ecu pinouts and codes!!

Looking forward to being involved here, your help will be much appreciated!!
Thanks matt

P.S. I hope this handle doesn't offend anyone!!!
If you're looking for the car look at www.cars.com. They have quite a few listing of SC300s for sale. Now for the specific information about wireing and such I would turn to the actual Soarer owners. I would imagine that people from Australia and England would be more help than our Amercian majority. Good luck on your awesome project!

Chris

PS. If I were you I would order the 2JZ-GTE motor insted of 1JZ-GTE.
Old 11-13-02, 02:18 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Gee little boy, we would have never guessed you owned a Honda. I suggest you stick with those, Lexus might be a little out of your range.
Old 11-13-02, 06:12 PM
ViPeRHunTeR
Rookie

Originally posted by mjr24
Gee little boy, we would have never guessed you owned a Honda. I suggest you stick with those, Lexus might be a little out of your range.
For your information I have been building race cars for 9 years now. I have already completed tech school where I earned my ase certification at the age of 19. When I went to the vica competition , I placed 2nd "out of all the tech schools I was the second best mechanic @ 19". I am currently in college pursuing a double major, Mechanical Engineering and Small Businesses Entrepreneur. Which I am in the top 80% of my class. I will obtain both degrees next may. I love the automobile!!! Not one certain brand, but all kinds of cars that are unique. I have had over 35 cars, some not even you could afford. All Of which I payed cash for out right. I am sorry but I enjoy driving hondas they are simply fun to drive!!! I have sponsors for my turbo equipment and I have built several 11-12 sec hondas in street form. Now if i could do that with a honda I know I could easily build a tt lexus to do the same.

Now about your comment. Your ignorance is a direct reflection of that simular to the honda community "childish"not that of a lexus community. You would expect a higher level of respect for one another. I am more qualified to own a lexus than you will ever be.

When I am done with my swap I will use my knowedge to help others not to belittle anyone seeking help.

I am truly sorry if my first handle offended anyone. It was simply a nick-name that was given to my through my frat. I use it on all my other internet handles. It was not meant to be distasteful just funny. I changed it as soon as they asked me to no hard feelings here.

This forum had more people with tt sc300's than any other i seen. I felt this would be a good place to gather do's and dont's from experienced builders hoping to save me time and money. I do plan becoming an asset to this forum as I have been to the honda forums in the past!!!

Thanks, matt
Old 11-13-02, 09:01 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

owned

welcome I'm new here too
I'm looking to start on an sc300/400 as well. I'm tired of my old turbo honda.

cheers
Old 11-13-02, 11:01 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Who got owned?
Old 11-14-02, 12:28 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For those of us that missed it, what WAS that first handle of yours?

(And if you won't/can't mention it on this forum, where else can we look it up?)
Old 11-14-02, 01:08 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry I offended you, in retrospect the comment I made was stupid. My apologies sincerely.
You came in with some dumb username and no one could even make out your post because the English was so poor. Funny how people start speaking proper English when they want to.
Lets not get into a pissing match though, because we are going to have to get you a towel and/or flush you down the toilet. I shouldnt even be responding to this because I know its gonna **** people off on here but I cant resist lol.
Im glad you are going to school, cool great, even though many would question how smart you are when you cannot even properly write an English sentence. I dont know why you think you are all that. Congrats you paid cash for all your cars, I paid cash for my BMW and my Lexus. Im in school too and will be attending a top 15 law school next year, something tells me its a little harder to do that then what you are doing. I double majored too, big deal. I also didnt have to major in an small business subject as Ive already been there and done that by owning my own business for the last 2 years. Successful business might I add.
Wow, you know about cars, so you are more qualified than me to drive a Lexus. Have news for you, as sad as it is, 85% of people who own Lexus' know nothing about the cars, so maybe you are not so "qualified."
You people are all sick of your old Hondas...well if you have so much cash why dont you buy a new one? I mean you said they were fun to drive right?? Trade in each of the 35 cars you paid $500 each for at a junk yard and get yourself a new Civic and put some really big stickers on it.
Old 11-14-02, 01:16 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Have news for you, as sad as it is, 85% of people who own Lexus' know nothing about the cars,

oh man that is so sad
these are such beautiful cars that with some wrenching, time, money and research can be made into incredible RWD monsters.
I built my car from the ground up but its still a honda. I can't wait to start work on an sc. luxury and power

the soarer clip sounds like a good idea I was just thinking about that the other day. Hopefully some of the guys from australia can help you out with the swap because I don't think many people here have done it.
good luck with your project!
Old 11-14-02, 01:18 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

In a way its good....most people unfortunately find out about cars because they end up having to fix them.
You dont really have that problem with Lexus.
Old 05-31-06, 11:29 AM
doormat
Driver School Candidate

yeah yeah enough of this manly clash of pride. enough with this emotional and dramatic Lexus speak. This thread isn't about who is smarter or has more money or makes the best car. It's often like this on car forums. It's a shame too because this thread is really about ECU pinouts. Can't we get some ECU pinouts on this forum? Do you know how much that would actually help people? I'll tell you. A lot. That's how much it would help people. I know this a really old thread and that probably none of these people are still here. I just really want some ECU pinouts.
Old 05-31-06, 11:45 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Wow, bringin back the dead (2002) try another search (engine forum) for the model your looking to work on..... Im preeeety sure it's been covered.
Old 05-31-06, 12:20 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
Have news for you, as sad as it is, 85% of people who own Lexus' know nothing about the cars
That is well said TEG - It took me over a year to learn these cars in and out...They are fine machines...You're right that most people don't know what they have and are driving with the Lexus cars...With that being said that is why we have the forums to learn from...

For the other guy who is in auto school - I too went to two different schools myself to learn the SC lexus crap....One school was called "The University of forum studies" and the other was the "Institute of backyard mechanics" they were both great schools for me.....Unfortunately those schools don't offer diploma's for graduation so I am kinda screwed if I ever want to get a job in the automotive industry and earn a pay check.. Anyway, my services are also offered and shared at no charge...

Last edited by jibbby; 05-31-06 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-31-06, 12:43 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

you're commenting on something he said 4 years ago .

Quick Reply: Help!!looking for info!! 2nd Swing!!