Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

STP Multipurpose Motor Treatment - TRY IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 09:18 PM
rogers2014
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STP Multipurpose Motor Treatment - TRY IT!!!

So guys, as you may have known, regarding my 93 sc400 the car ran like crap and i felt and other CL members like it needed some much needed TLC. SO i went to a local Canadian Tire and picked up the STP Multipurpose Motor Treatment that was on sale, very similiar to that seafoam stuff and it was cheaper (y) it has a similar use to seafoam only difference i found was this stuff was like a different viscosity and looked a bit like oil. Another difference i found was that using Seafoam you use the air induction line(s) to suck it up and to burn the carbon, with this one you can do a complete engine flush by putting in the entire can in your crankcase and running the car for 15mins at idle. I have to say by doing the engine flush...and putting a bottle in the tank (i put more than i had to) this worked immediatley. Before i put it in the engine for the flush i used one can in the tank and it got to work immediatley! When i started the car it spat out black water (i'm guessing the engine or fuel injectors were really dirty and after idling it, and driving it (not mashing the peddle) but driving it, it spat out even more. The smell out of the exhaust (which was very horrible btw) started to ease up and the car started to run smoother, was more responsive etc, it is still working in the lines but that can tell you this product made a difference.

I then added a alittle 1/8th to the crank case but decided why not just do the engine flush and add the can, so I did...what can i say, the car runs so much better.

If anyone else tried this product please let me know how your results turned out, in my opinion this stuff is a great alternative to Seafoam, I'm very suprised that it started to work that fast!!!

SO for all you fello SC owners out their i highly recommend using this product! The only thing i would do is once this the STP runs through and is out the system i may use seafoam in the induction line to effectively remove the carbon deposits but that will be in a few weeks not now, don't like to mix and match products but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS STP MULTIPURPOSE MOTOR TREATMENT!!! You fellow Guys n Gals have to give it a try!!!
Old 05-25-12, 11:45 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems good, will give it a try soon!