Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 1jz project help

Old 05-16-12, 11:17 PM
sickjizzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 1jz project help

hi all,

i hope this is the appropiate place to start asking for help.... i want to start off by saying i am new to this sc300 1jz setup and read/troll daily on this site. i am mechanically able to work with cars and do have most of the necessary tools to do the job. here is my project i just picked up from a member on this site.

as far as i know:

1994 diamond white sc300
came with 2000 front, rear, sides, headlights and tail lights bodyparts.
bride gias true racing seats
1jzgte engine
r154 tranny
clutch masters clutch
clutch masters flywheel
ebay looking fmic
black edition bov
phr gt67 .82r
hks dragger catback
has downpipe unknown name
supra tt map
450cc injectors
1jzgte ecu
the shifter is extended
blue needles in dashboard
supra struts and eipac springs
tt rotors rear and ls400 front brakes
ls460 rims
areomotive fuel pressure
areomotive fuel pump

thats all i can think of right now but i do have tons of questions and yes i did ask tons of questions before buying this car however the owner told me he doesn't work on the car and the shop does most of his work.... its very iffy but i can't complain for the price.

so here are a few questions maybe someone can lead me in the right directions.
keep in mind i did test drive the car and it idles fine, runs good and spools fine but he told me it needs a tune, so lets get this car on the road without blowing stuff up please.

first my temperture gauge lights up but needles doesn't work i don't want to over heat.
with the supra tt map what injectors can i run if i were to run stock wastegate? currently the car has 450s i think and i have a set of 550s i think too. any one has pictures of 450s and 550s injectors off of a supra?. what do i need to run on this turbo and what should i use as an tuning device? my powersteering pump is leaking from the resivoir cap the lines had been custom due to the intercooler pipeings/battery relocated to the rear any one have a setup like this and did you do? i belive i need to wrap my turbo and downpipe because its burning a hole through my hood lol. well lets start with this please help
Old 05-16-12, 11:29 PM
1cleen1JZ
Driver

personally i would take it to a respectable shop and have them do a complete run down/good look over the car and make a list of where to start. just my 2cents. but it does sound like you have a nice SC though with minor issues. got any pics?
Old 05-16-12, 11:39 PM
sickjizzy
Driver School Candidate

yes i will post pictures as soon as i can. i hate to go to a steelership though thats why i want to diy first and then if i can't figure things out along with my buddies on here then i got no choice but to go to the shop
Old 05-17-12, 07:07 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Stock 1jz injectors are 370cc stock JDM Supra 440cc American supra 550cc all side feed however if you are going to run American 550's you will need a resistor box as JDM is High Imp. and American is low. The resistor box could be from a 2.7 Acura Legend, 2jzgte oem resistor box.

The Box is not necessary if your on a current standalone or going to one as most today control either high or low.

There is benefits to wrapping the DP other than the obvious,regarding the Hot side just get a decent Turbo blanket.

Good luck.
Old 05-17-12, 07:29 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry missed a question or 2, The temp gauge u need to track down the sensor wire located on the turbo side where the water neck is, on the front there is 2 sensors coolant temp and the gauge sensor check the wiring on both sensors as well as the continuity to the ecu and cluster.

The car needs to be tuned asap as you are technically driving blind, get a wideband asap as the 67mm could easily lean you out quick and cause a host of $$$$$$$ problems. Do you have a Boost controller? if not at the very least get a decent manual one as well as a boost gauge to know where your at regarding the WG.

If money is available go to a standalone if its not atleast use a fuel computer IE: AFC,AEM fic etc. etc.
hopefully there is a boost cut in the car to help keep you safe until you get tuned but that only helps keep the boost in check. It doesn't do anything for to much fuel and possible washing of cylinder walls and if left unresolved spun bearings etc.etc.

JUST GET IT TUNED BY A RESPONSIBLE TUNER.

Check out this vid of a 1jz SC I built for a guy in Palm beach. It should inspire you and welcome to the disease.
Old 05-17-12, 10:08 AM
sickjizzy
Driver School Candidate

very nice... i like that vid blk and blu. i noticed in the vid your bov is on the cold side.... mine is on the side closest to the turbo does that matter? where did you get your intercooler pipings? because mine route differently where he had to relocate the battery to the rear it kind of sucks because i would like to have a spare back there. what did you do with power steering resivoior? did the intercooler pipe get in the way of the stock one?
Old 05-17-12, 10:18 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sickjizzy
very nice... i like that vid blk and blu. i noticed in the vid your bov is on the cold side.... mine is on the side closest to the turbo does that matter? where did you get your intercooler pipings? because mine route differently where he had to relocate the battery to the rear it kind of sucks because i would like to have a spare back there. what did you do with power steering resivoior? did the intercooler pipe get in the way of the stock one?
That car in the vid has 2 bov 1on the intake TB 1 on the turbo side pipping.
THe IC pipping is just 3" aluminum you can buy it in 360 degree 180 and 90 as well as straight unpolished raw for welding than polish or chrome later.
The TB IC pipping 3" runs right in front of TB straight down between rad and A/C comp.

The Steering resv is stock location DS strut tower stock location.
Old 05-17-12, 10:51 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
. It should inspire you and welcome to the disease.
Haha I like that! that's very true.
Old 05-17-12, 11:17 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Haha I like that! that's very true.

Thanks I did forget to tell him to hide his wallet!
Old 05-17-12, 07:55 PM
sickjizzy
Driver School Candidate

i will call you tomorrow since we are in same time zone. what about my map and injectors? can i run it like this as a dd? or will it hurt anything? i am staying of boost until i can figure out what to do with this thing
Old 05-17-12, 08:18 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would keep the current boost due to not knowing exactly where you are at. I would also get that car tuned with a responsible tuner ASAP. I am only running 6 pounds now for a basic street tune. My car is so rich right now, it sucks the gas.
Old 05-17-12, 10:47 PM
sickjizzy
Driver School Candidate

yeah rlz motorsports is down the street i just found out and going over there tomorrow for advice on what to do. i heard greddy blue is a good emangement. i have looked into that and thinking about buying one for tuning what you guys think?