Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

FIC Fuel Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 10:44 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually Five-o doesn't carry ID injectors, and FIC definitely doesn't carry ID injectors. They simply try and market their injectors as "The same as ID" only cheaper. Which is about as far from the truth as possible. They SHOULD say "we are a cheaper alternative" to ID injectors. As i've stated before, in this game, you get what you pay for.

I should have explained what I was asking better Justin. I was wondering what company you needed to get in touch with today.

Last edited by Knuckleup; 05-07-12 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-07-12, 11:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I hear this all the time, and the truth is that they are the same type of injectors.
ID is Injector Dynamics. It is the name of the company. They sell BOSCH EV14 Injectors.
There claim is they are the first/best to truly dynamically match their injector sets, at different fuel pressures to make sure you get a very well matched set, and they do this very well, maybe even the best but they are also the most expensive.

Five-o and other places also sell BOSCH EV14 injectors, and they also dynamically match their injectors. most good vendors nowadays dynamically match their injectors now. you should check before buying and you want those #'s to put in your ems. thats how you get the cleanest idle.

You must realize EV14 injectors are the latest tech. a little noisy but they are so accurate for such large inejctors.
here is a great read on EV14 injectors, a lot of 2006+ cars come stock with these injectors because they are so great.
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=974696

when I bought my set I had a full printout of the matching at various fuel pressures and it was all dead on. I could idle my car like stock at regular and even lean air fuel ratios on 1000cc EV14's with the aem.
I hope that clears up some mystery and confusion.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 05-07-12 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-07-12, 11:46 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

There is no mystery and confusion here as Im very familiar with this area of the performance game. You point out some good info though. EV14's are the newest injector tech at the moment. FIC and Five-0 claim to dynamically match their sets the same as ID, however I find this hard to believe. They don't possess the same equipment as ID and haven't been able to produce the same Injector Data even when asked to on multiple threads. There was even an instance where FIC when asked by a customer for injector dead time data, sent said customer to the ID website to obtain the data they needed. When this was brought up in a thread on another foum and the emails were shown, the thread was immediately locked due to the FIC being a vendor. I could go on and on about this for days but I won't. Bottom line is They are a cheaper alternative but not the same. Regardless if they are using the same ev14 style bosch injector.
Old 05-07-12, 01:13 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I really am not familiar with FIC but with my five-o 1000cc injectors worked great and were a direct drop in.
I got a full dead time sheet for my set of injectors, along with flow rates at a bunch of different pressures.
I put the numbers in my EMS, and it ran great. my idle was smooth, and throttle response much better.

I can understand not wanting to buy injectors without the data accompanying them, and that's why I wrote to always ask for and get that info, or there is no way of knowing if they are dynamically matched.
Old 05-07-12, 01:26 PM
Knuckleup
Driver

Yeah I find it hilarious when people try and act like you don't need dead time data etc etc. I feel like its their only way of justifying buying a cheaper inferior product. I'm glad to hear your five-0's worked out for you and that you got data for them. This is something that companies need to be doing. And it needs to be accurate/correct.