Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1992 SC300 5 speed na-t build Help Needed Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 07:32 PM
kevint2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sock injectors will be fine upto about 8psi.Stock ECU also but be safe and get a Apexi SAFC...If someone is saying you cant do it or the car cant take it,its only because they dont know..i have a 93 NA-T and i ran it at 8psi with just a SAFC for about ayear and never had any problems.when i did install a TT headgasket i check and still had 169psi on all 6cyls....if you need any help just let me know...BTW do the 12v mod for the fuelpump......my built is here....start
and now
note most of my work was to make it fast,not pretty...
Old 05-01-12, 07:56 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Thanks kevinT2!

Thats great to hear! Checked out your vids...Nice man!! Sounds like I need to get a SAFC stat!! lol

Any opinions on the different models of the Apexi SAFC units? I see the neo is the newest but also twice as much as I can get a SAFC II for example... Any opinions?

Last edited by SupraDremr; 05-01-12 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-01-12, 09:36 PM
kevint2
Rookie

Neo is good but alot of money.i use a Apexi SAFC 1 (the one with 4 buttons not the one big round button) and it can be had for about 140-180 and that will make your engine happy for low boost (12-)...Just save up and get a Greddy E Manage Ultimate or a AEM stand alone later...Note once you go boost you wont be happy with 5-10psi for long,Biggest thing is gauges,water temp,boost,oil press and A/F..Its a must to be able to see everything that's going on with the engine,that way if something drops or get too high you can shut it down...

Last edited by kevint2; 05-01-12 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-01-12, 09:53 PM
kevint2
Rookie

BTW im using http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-OXYGEN-O...5f6348&vxp=mtr and it works very well..
Old 05-02-12, 05:58 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kevint2
Sock injectors will be fine upto about 8psi.Stock ECU also but be safe and get a Apexi SAFC...If someone is saying you cant do it or the car cant take it,its only because they dont know..i have a 93 NA-T and i ran it at 8psi with just a SAFC for about ayear and never had any problems.when i did install a TT headgasket i check and still had 169psi on all 6cyls....
Every setup is different, every engine is different , he is in WA you are in GA so even if you have the same setup your car will not perform the same.

We all know you can run the stock injectors ~7-8 psi , but why do some of us like to max out their setups with all the stock parts, i am just trying to understand why?

We have a couple people here that claim* i have been running safc on my car for 1year and XXXXX amount of miles* but once your start looking a little deeper they have all the issues in the whole.It's crazy how people will tell you to go safc and they are trying to move away from the safc because it's junk..98.9% of the na-t guys on here and SF went through this SAFC BS.This is the reason why majority of the guys hate na-t setup.

Fooling your ECU" to think" is not the greatest thing, specially when you are running the GE Ecu.

OP,
Dont waste your time on the SAFC get yourself a map ECU or the AEM Fic and Boost away!!!!

Get map ecu you will get alot of help from their forum, I have never used it but i read alot of good things about it and know a couple people that are using it

Ditch the Emanage and don't look back.

Injectors just get some RX7 550cc they drop right in like the stock injectors, if it's gonna take you another week to save for those injectors , Just do IT!!
Old 05-02-12, 07:26 AM
kevint2
Rookie

Look qiucksc4,i could careless what you say and what other people say...I learn by doing think Not by seeing what other people do or say..I have videos from start to now and in every one,im running a SAFC..Sure its not the best thing in the world but not everyone can drop 1k+ on a standalone when they are just starting a built..As for RX7 550cc injector?I installed mine at low boost and i couldn't keep the car running because it was flooding so bad..At 3-8psi he will be fine and like i said before,if someone tells you it wont work,its because they don't know..Every bit of work i did myself and if the SAFC is not working for people,its because they don't know how to set it up..I see it a lot over the internet and on Forum that people will tell you whats right and whats wrong and have no clue what they are talking about..One time on the RX7 owners club,i had just installed a t04 on my Turbo rx7 and this guy would post and post and post that i was doing it wrong and i was going to blow my engine and i should get a standalone and all this BS...So i set up a meet for all the rx7 guys,and that guy showed up and come to find out he had to get a ride there and never owned or worked on a rx7 in his life....So i do things myself and if it don't work i can blame me..

Last edited by kevint2; 05-02-12 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-02-12, 08:23 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4

Fooling your ECU" to think" is not the greatest thing, specially when you are running the GE Ecu.

OP,
Dont waste your time on the SAFC get yourself a MAP ECU or the AEM FIC and Boost away!!!!

^Winner of thread!

SAFC's are dinosaur ECU trickers, that have no business with boosted engines. You got lucky because Toyota rocks so much.

Might as well use a rotary telephone to "Tune" your car.

All of us back in 1997 thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Now its about as cool as my Vanilla Ice Cassette.

The other thing is, if it wasn't for the fact you have *Arguably the strongest Engine ever mass produced, of course the thing still runs. It's a Toyota.

How confident would you be with a Honda engine at 8psi? Blown engine is the answer to that.

Welcome to CL, but lose your attitude. QuickSC4 is a Moderator, and also a good, contributing member of this board. Take a lesson from his book. This isn't a 240sx Forum.
Old 05-02-12, 09:00 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not going back and forth with you, so let's STOP it right here..If you have anymore comments PM me.

Who said anything about standalone? map ecu is not a standalone fyi.. it's a piggyback

RX7 550 works great , i don't know why yours are not working...you can buy the map ecu at the price of safc and you can run an 550cc with that.

I don't go by what people says, i learn on my own my friend i think you are talking to the wrong person! i don't copy people setups i build my own the way i want it.
Old 05-02-12, 09:02 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

while i appreciate the "bro, people are just hating because they don't know" argument attempt, you must know that there are some people on here who actually know why you shouldn't use an SAFC on a project like this --as opposed to a standalone or even a piggyback. are you one of them?
as for your turbo rx7 story... really? do you have any idea what advance or split you were running on your stock ECU with the SAFC? i'm assuming it was an FC, probably S4 TII, as you seem like the type, so i'm looking forward to your response. i'm even more interested if you did this with an FD.

Originally Posted by kevint2
Look qiucksc4,i could careless what you say and what other people say...I learn by doing think Not by seeing what other people do or say..I have videos from start to now and in every one,im running a SAFC..Sure its not the best thing in the world but not everyone can drop 1k+ on a standalone when they are just starting a built..As for RX7 550cc injector?I installed mine at low boost and i couldn't keep the car running because it was flooding so bad..At 3-8psi he will be fine and like i said before,if someone tells you it wont work,its because they don't know..Every bit of work i did myself and if the SAFC is not working for people,its because they don't know how to set it up..I see it a lot over the internet and on Forum that people will tell you whats right and whats wrong and have no clue what they are talking about..One time on the RX7 owners club,i had just installed a t04 on my Turbo rx7 and this guy would post and post and post that i was doing it wrong and i was going to blow my engine and i should get a standalone and all this BS...So i set up a meet for all the rx7 guys,and that guy showed up and come to find out he had to get a ride there and never owned or worked on a rx7 in his life....So i do things myself and if it don't work i can blame me..
Old 05-02-12, 09:56 AM
kevint2
Rookie

Cartmill,as I seem like the type??i do own a FD and i would have no problem running a SAFC on stock boost BUT im swapping a 2jz in it..I do know a-lot of people on sites like this know what they are talking about BUT its not alot..As for my rx7,i was not running a SAFC, just a upgraded turbo @9psi...Im not trying to be a ******* but if you say (All of us back in 1997 thought it was the best thing since sliced bread) so why would it be so bad now?Like i said its not the best thing to use but for a base turbo setup it is more then enough to add some more fuel so it don't lean-out.. I have respect for everyone on here but if someone tells him it wont work just because he is not using what everyone else is, then your just being ignorant..As for a good map ecu costing the same as a SAFC??here you go http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...k/MAP_ECU/5360 It really don't matter what i say are you guys say because in the end he is going to do it his way...What works for me may not work for anyone else..Its just my .02 and that all..
Old 05-02-12, 10:05 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I can't read anything you just "Typed". My eyes hurt.

And I'm pretty sure the moderators told you to take it to PM, but instead you are lighting up the Swear filter.

Good start.
Old 05-02-12, 10:20 AM
kevint2
Rookie

If i wanted to talk to the moderators i would PM him..As for my typing,im very sorry but im doing it on my phone..
Old 05-02-12, 11:17 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

SAFCs were pretty sweet back in 1997... 15 years ago
Old 05-02-12, 12:17 PM
kevint2
Rookie

Look guys,no need to fight about this.There is a right way and a wrong way to built a car..Just because its not the way you built yours doesn't make it wrong.You have to try new things and learn for yourself..I got a-lot of crap when i wanted to make a steel FFIM..People would say it wont run,it will mess-up the engine and a-lot of other things,but i did it anyway and turned out very good and i have not had one problem with it... We turn to the internet for help,not to hear you cant do it like that...
Old 05-02-12, 12:19 PM
kevint2
Rookie

And i didn't mean to come off like a jerk because im really not!

Quick Reply: 1992 SC300 5 speed na-t build Help Needed Please!