Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-12, 12:55 PM
WhiteSc12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte HELP !!!

so hey guys i finally going to start on my 1jzgte motor swap i finally got it and it the guy who i bought it from said he took straight out of a soarer and he gave me everything i need and more like the soarer brake kit and the sway bars so i wanted to know if they are like the same we have on our sc300 or is it better ????? and i would really like it if any one could really help me do the digital cluster as well because i ended up getting that to. and i need to extend the wires to from right hand drive to left hand drive so my question there was what kind of wire do i use to extend it ???? and if anyone in general help me out on some tips on doing the 1jzgte swap like some things to watch out from or anything like that i am excited and i cant wait to get started on this project so PLEASE HELP !!!!
Old 04-18-12, 01:35 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Ditch the digital cluster - As many will chime in here, its pointless and quite a nightmare to take on this project.

As for tips for the motor swap - before you install it, try and change all maintenance items, from water pump to thermostat, to seals..

How is the compression figures on the car?

As for many more of the questions that will surface as you begin this swap, search the forum prior to asking. The answers that you seek might have already been provided.
Old 04-18-12, 03:12 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

ah, so much joy to bring in another noob from the fray...

first, sit down and use that handy dandy search function that you find on every automotive forum. A simple search of "1JZGTE swap" yields results as shown below

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...parts-buy.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...pic-heavy.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...wap-guide.html

some old threads here, some of the info is dated, but again if you search through our forums and many Lexus/Toyota based forums you'll get pretty much all the info you need. I got a lot of info from here when i went through my swap, but some stuff i had to figure out on my own. Keep this in mind when you go through your swap and give yourself plenty of time and $$$ to make it through these obstacles.

For the digital cluster, it's going to be a ***** and a half unless you have an actual soarer so i would drop that idea unless you're willing to do it going blind. I don't recall anyone getting that swapped in succesfully

lastly there is no benefit from the old soarer brakes and sway bars. They are pretty much the same and more than likely the soarer brakes are no good from being exposed to the elements of the open ocean and warehouse lifestyle. If you're interested in decent brake upgrades do a search in the Steering and Suspension sub-forum here and you'll find LS400 or Supra brake upgrades.
Old 04-18-12, 03:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out mine thread in my signature.. good luck!! !
Old 04-18-12, 10:53 PM
WhiteSc12
Driver School Candidate

hey thanks guys for all the information i will do a **** load of research and hopefully everything goes well for me. but once again thanks guys
Old 04-19-12, 05:12 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And tune in for my thread also!!