Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fail SMOG!?? WTH...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 09:26 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fail SMOG!?? WTH...

I don't get why my smog got fail again? Since my car already fixed when i took my car to the shop fixed in last month as tune up,timing belt and water pump also more too.. so after few days i took my car to the smog test and it got fail since my car running like good champ?? what it cause?

Seriously, I really hate SMOG stuff.. -____________-

Anyone can help me? but If i haven't change oil in a while that will cause affect due fail HC?

HELP ME PLEASE! -__________________________________-
Old 04-09-12, 10:48 PM
Bassrocker
Rookie

i would suggest o2 sensors and new catalytic converters. there is also this stuff called cata cleen but at 25 dollars a bottle and needed at least two bottles to effectively use it it would be a serious waste of $50 if it did not work.

you can also try seafoam but put in cheap spark plugs first before you do this because it could foul the plugs.

you could take this back to the shop that did the work on your car and blame the emissions test on them and get some of your money back or make them at least diagnose it for free. its at least worth a shot? usually emissions has to do with catalytic converters and o2 sensors. take this as an excuse to buy a few high flow cats and free up a few horsepower.
Old 04-09-12, 11:21 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bassrocker
i would suggest o2 sensors and new catalytic converters. there is also this stuff called cata cleen but at 25 dollars a bottle and needed at least two bottles to effectively use it it would be a serious waste of $50 if it did not work.

you can also try seafoam but put in cheap spark plugs first before you do this because it could foul the plugs.

you could take this back to the shop that did the work on your car and blame the emissions test on them and get some of your money back or make them at least diagnose it for free. its at least worth a shot? usually emissions has to do with catalytic converters and o2 sensors. take this as an excuse to buy a few high flow cats and free up a few horsepower.

Well, my new cat already replaced new in Last year.. the shop told me O2 sesnor seem okay and nothing bad... But im going bring my car to the shop to find out why my car failed smog test...

Last edited by ShiftyD2k; 04-09-12 at 11:39 PM.