Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

[Q]TRD Shifter Spacer Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-12, 06:50 AM
Lowlexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Q]TRD Shifter Spacer Needed?

Hello guys, I have a quick question concerning the TRD shifter I just put in...I took off the stock shifter and put the red in with no problems but I didn't put the spacer in. Is that going to cause any damage to my linkage in the long run? It shifts good and does not rub on the interior trim. Or do u guys recommend me putting that spacer in...Sorry about the noob question but its bugging me that I left it out...thanks in advance
Old 03-29-12, 06:52 AM
Lowlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lowlexus
Hello guys, I have a quick question concerning the TRD shifter I just put in...I took off the stock shifter and put the red in with no problems but I didn't put the spacer in. Is that going to cause any damage to my linkage in the long run? It shifts good and does not rub on the interior trim. Or do u guys recommend me putting that spacer in...Sorry about the noob question but its bugging me that I left it out...thanks in advance
I mean TRD not Red! Lol (damn error correct)
Old 03-29-12, 07:32 PM
Lowlexus
Rookie

Default Update

I went to the garage today and added the spacer and the shifter now seems more closer to stock shifting distance. It's still shorter than stock but not as aggressive as it was without the spacer...which now makes me think...Should I remove it again? And leave it off. The shifts were super short. The only down fall was that reverse was a little hard to get in at times