Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

An update with good news....FINALLY!!! lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 02:57 PM
Dai Kaiju
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An update with good news....FINALLY!!! lol

Okay so I just got the car back from the mechanic I took it to after the last post. Apparently the TPS that was on the car was somehow wrong even though I think it came on the engine when I purchased it. Anyway the car is running pretty well now with only very minor issues remaining, The most pressing of which is that it's making no boost. According to my mechanic the vacuum lines are run in such a way that they are making the least amount of boost possible which isn't even a noticeable amount. So now I'm in the market for a boost gauge, wideband and a boost controller. I'm pretty budget minded at this point sadly so any good tips on getting the boost controller on the cheap would be a huge help. Would a manual controller work as well?
Old 03-15-12, 04:36 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brother's 1j wasn't boosting, either.
pulled the turbos off, the front turbo's shaft was snapped in half....
Our solution was to go single.
so, find out WHY it's actually not boosting, before investing in things that won't help, yet.
Old 03-15-12, 05:06 PM
Nysc300
Rookie

It could be a number of things such as your BOV,vacuum lines, cracked Pipes..... Do you know how to do a smoke test at home ? It's easy.... Mainly I would check vacuum lines are not correct or BOV.
Old 03-15-12, 05:20 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.p. Digging the cool name.
Old 03-15-12, 08:38 PM
92lexi
Rookie

i would say to check your vacume lines and the bov as well. 9 times out of 10 its something small and stupid. just sit back and redo all the lines, and only use the ones you have to. eliminate all others. saves hassel later on in life
gl man. but to answer your question a mbc can do just as good, just dont get a cheap one i made that mistake. i personal like hallman but they can be a lil pricey
Old 03-16-12, 02:23 PM
Dai Kaiju
Driver

Yeah he said I should get a Hallman boost controller if I want to go manual. I'd rather go digital obviously but with everything else going I just can't afford it at the moment, especially if a MBC will do the same job for so much less money. I do have a question for those that know, would I need to buy the whole kit or just the controller? I wasn't sure if the 1JZ was already prepped for the controller.
Old 03-16-12, 02:41 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

A controller and hoses