Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Innovate wideband error code "E8"

Old 07-25-12, 02:35 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
Zeitronix is expensive, but awesome. Has datalogging capability, and if you buy the pressure sensor doubles as a kick *** boost gauge. Can also hook up an egt probe to it. Neat stuff.
HOLY SH#TTTT that's batmobile worthy stuff! I need one of those. Any idea on their accuracy? There was some shootout done a few years back by some magazine that praised the Innovate and AEM as the 2 more accurate units but I don't recall if they even compared the Zeitronix unit. If it uses the same Bosch 4.2 sensor then it should be an equal in accuracy, right?
Old 07-14-13, 06:14 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Long term update. Replaced the original Bosch sensor a few months ago. Looks like this replacement sensor crapped out also. Time for sensor number 3. Does anyone know of a wideband that will last more than 6 months? I'm tired of the Innovate 14.7 > 22.4 jump and freeze followed by E8. After screwing with my fuel pressure a bit, I can't retune because the wideband won't stay off E8 long enough to do a pull.

The 'old' narrowband sensors last sooooo much longer yet are useless for tuning a turbo car
Old 07-15-13, 05:22 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever reflash the firmware? These sensors can go 100K miles. Less in a high HP app if the EGTs are too much, but nonetheless....I've put over 50k miles on an LSU sensor and after getting rid of the 1.1 firmware, never had an E8 issue again.
Old 06-09-14, 09:24 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Update time!

I finally did it.

2 years.
5 Bosch LSU 4.2 sensors.
Dozens of 'free air' recalibrations.
Hours of staring at "HtR"
I don't care about having Steven Hawking fast refresh rate.
I don't care about "direct digital"
I just want a wideband that I can daily drive and use for O2 idle feedback on an AEM standalone without it crapping out every few weeks.
I tried using the cars accessory power circuit
I tried rewiring the wideband into the ECU power
I even ran a direct 12gauge power and ground DIRECTLY from the battery with a relay to turn it on.
I tried to update firmware, only to find out that the MTX-L apparently has no updated firmware because Innovate has decided not to 'upgrade' its flawless, aging wideband for several years now.
It's still the same piece of crap.

End of the road. After countless E8 and a few E9s later I am done with the MTX-L.
The LC-1 was probably the best, and last good offering from Innovate.

Not sure where to go from here.
1. Pick up a leftover LC-1? I wouldn't dare touch the LC-2 since its basically the same hardware at the lovely MTX-L I'm blessed with now.
2. AEM always seemed like an attractive option but some people really talk down on the quality of the electronics.
3. Any good widebands out there use the newer LSU4.9 sensor yet? Most OEM's abandoned the LSU4.2 bandwagon almost 10 years ago. Not sure why.
4. Anyone use a 14point7 wideband on here? An electro-savy Mustang buddy can't stop raving about it. However, he drives Mustangs so he's generally happy when things just don't catch fire.

Last edited by INTIMAZY; 06-09-14 at 09:28 AM.