Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Question for Toyomoto Turbo owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 08:23 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Question for Toyomoto Turbo owners

Okay for you people with the Toyomoto kits, what did your kit come with?

The kit I am getting has a MAF, BOV, wastegate, exhaust manifold, turbo, and injectors. Why is this $6500 without an intercooler. This is Stage II by the way. I feel that I should be charged for a Stage I.
Old 10-24-02, 10:44 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wht dont you call or contact toyomoto directly?......wouldnt they know instead of people here on the board?.......Jeff
Old 10-24-02, 10:55 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Mine came with an intercooler... Supra MKIV sidemount, though.

Why is this $6500 without an intercooler
Cause the master himself put so much work into assembling the kit with a precision that only a business owner has the passion to do.

Just thinking aloud... Mine was $6600. (not necessarily a complete list)

Manifold
Wastegate
All intercooler piping, gaskets and fittings
Sidemount TT intercooler
two extra injectors
injector wiring
injector controller
fuel hoses for injectors including T and fittings
turbo
ABV
oil lines and fittings for turbo
fuel pump
(I sure I'm forgetting some things)
one lame instruction sheet

Everything was pretty much complete except for the clutch which lasted a couple weeks with the turbo.

I had a few runs to the hardware store for unrelated hardware to run the boost gauge, air/fuel gauge, etc. I also made several runs for specific tools that a good shop would own, but are beyond what a shadetree mechanic would own---there are a few very specific tap and dies, and a 90 degree drill is needed with a particular hole saw blade.
Old 10-24-02, 11:16 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC300T

Not included in mine? - All intercooler piping, gaskets and fittings
Not included in mine? - Sidemount TT intercooler
Not included in mine? - two extra injectors
Not included in mine? - injector controller
Not included in mine? - fuel pump

I think something is wrong with my kit.

All I have is 6 440cc injectors for fuel

Old 10-24-02, 11:29 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

you need to talk to toyomoto...
with the 440cc you dont need the additionals...
.....there is anopther box comming your way...there was a problem with fed ex in the shipping.......its on the way..but the intercooler is not apart.....you said you had your own?.....
and your getting a stage 2 where sc300t only had a stage1.5......your gonna have a better fuel set up......Jeff
Old 10-24-02, 11:40 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
you need to talk to toyomoto...
with the 440cc you dont need the additionals...
.....there is anopther box comming your way...there was a problem with fed ex in the shipping.......its on the way..but the intercooler is not apart.....you said you had your own?.....
and your getting a stage 2 where sc300t only had a stage1.5......your gonna have a better fuel set up......Jeff
Cool with 440ccs as long as the rest of the fuel upgrade is included. I won't feel good though until I see the box. Getting in touch with Toyomoto is harder than you think.

I just am kind of sore about buying a kit that says 450rwhp but does not come with everything needed to get there. They said I have to buy a boost controller and a S-AFC to complete the kit. This should be included or some other management included to get me to the HPs and Torque I paid for. I think I am getting the Stage 1.5 for the Stage 2 price. I paid $7500 less $1000 for not buying the Supra SMIC and stock piping. It is cool though how they utilized the stock Supra TT piping for their setup.
Old 10-24-02, 05:31 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i know its tough to get ahold of them that is why i went by and talked to them for ya....you paid very little..i paid over 12 k installed for my 440 rwhp...so your not getting ripped by far..toyomoto is very fair and straight forward..they dont play pricing games......and i saw with my own eyes the returned box...the goods are on the way........i know its frustrating but good things will happen..Jeff
Old 10-24-02, 05:40 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
i know its tough to get ahold of them that is why i went by and talked to them for ya....you paid very little..i paid over 12 k installed for my 440 rwhp...so your not getting ripped by far..toyomoto is very fair and straight forward..they dont play pricing games......and i saw with my own eyes the returned box...the goods are on the way........i know its frustrating but good things will happen..Jeff
Thanks Jeff,

Hearing this from a fellow CL member helps. I bought the car and paid for all my mods up front so I could get going as soon as possible. Every vendor I have gotten parts from has lagged. Look at the track record of me getting parts.

Eibachs/KYB/AGX First time the Eibachs were stolen
Stage II Turbo ordered 4 months ago
Stuff from Carson Toyota - I was in the first brake group buy and the brakes came in yesterday
LSD took 5 weeks
TC took 7 weeks with my car sitting transmissionless in the Lexus parking lot for 2.5 weeks

I guess I have lost faith in getting things on time and in one piece. I only believe the parts are sent once I see them.
Old 10-24-02, 06:11 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Jeff, while you're there ask Lance if my headgasket is ready yet, he said he was going to ship it on Monday, but its not here yet... He was gonna send it UPS blue. Gotta get my boost on up.
He also mentioned that the biggest compressor section I could run would be a full T67, then I forgot what he said on the exhaust side. Know anything about this? Remember, I'll be keeping my distributor unless there is a really easy way to do the coil packs (i don't think there is an easy way).

My engine parts list so far:

Toyomoto exh manifold
Turbonetics Deltagate
T60-1 P trim .58
Toyota ABV
Two 550cc secondary injectors (may use for alchy spray)
Haltech F2 fueler (may use for alchy spray)
Toyota MKIV sidemount intercooler
Custom fuel rail dual feed based on OEM NA rail
Aeromotive boost referencing FPR
Toyota MK3 turbo fuel pump
750cc injectors
crower 268/270 cams
stock 140k mile bottom end (still strong!)
TI retainers, HD valve springs
Ported / Polished head 3 angle valve job
Ported intake/exh manifold
AEM ECU w/5 bar map
MSD 6BTM
Apexi AVCR
Toyomoto catless midpipe, downpipe
stock exhaust from split back
DIY Wideband UEGO with display and logging
DEFI Link system with EGT, Fuel Pressure , Boost

Will be switching to a dual walbro system when the boost goes up. I figured with the AEM it will be awhile before I'm confident enough to crank it.
Old 10-24-02, 06:13 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i understand and thats why i have been trying to help.....nothing for the sc300 is an off the shelf item it seems....i have spent 3 yrs building mine up...it takes time but the end result is Grrrrreat.......ive been down your road i understand
Old 10-24-02, 06:43 PM
Mkiv94tt
Driver School Candidate

Hermosa,

Seeing that i sold you the kit, i think i should interject....

I just am kind of sore about buying a kit that says 450rwhp but does not come with everything needed to get there. They said I have to buy a boost controller and a S-AFC to complete the kit. This should be included or some other management included to get me to the HPs and Torque I paid for. I think I am getting the Stage 1.5 for the Stage 2 price. I paid $7500 less $1000 for not buying the Supra SMIC and stock piping. It is cool though how they utilized the stock Supra TT piping for their setup.

You can make the 450RWHP that i and toyomoto claimed without the EBC and the SAFC.... I said "it is recommend for safe operation that you do purchase the EBC and SAFC so that you would not have any issues" It was understood and agreed upon that these 2 items were not included... We have made 440-455RWHP on an NA supra with the kit that you received.....EBC, is recommend, so that you do not have boost spike or creep, which could cause a disaster with your motor.... and the S-AFC was recommend for finer tunning of the kit.... Just thought i would let you know for piece of mind... Also, yes the kit was sent in 2-2 boxes.... 1-2 arrived to you, the other was returned to us, the reason why it was returned was because of the confusion with the change in shipping address... I guess lance didn't bother to read the Notes on your file as to where to ship the packages... His error... Anyhow, you should be receiving the shipment shortly....

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
dan
Old 10-24-02, 07:05 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Mkiv94tt
It was understood and agreed upon that these 2 items were not included
This is the only part of the statement that was not correct. The first mention of this was a few days ago talking to Lance.
Old 10-24-02, 08:40 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Dan, how many sc's are going to be at the supra/lexus meet next week?
Old 10-24-02, 09:41 PM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is Toyomoto kit CARB legal for California use?
Old 10-24-02, 11:56 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Hermosa,

Some clarification is needed. You have 6 440 injectors for fuel delivery....that is it? I am sorry, but 6 440 fuel injectors will not support 450rwhp.....not even close. Do the fuel calcs on this...at least on paper...it will not even come close.

Quick Reply: Question for Toyomoto Turbo owners