Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 1jz downpipe

Old 02-23-12, 06:04 PM
simplified
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
That divorced wg design is a good design. 7mgte guys have been using that for years on the ct26 stock and upgraded with amazing results compared to just a regular 3"dp.
So will the new y pipe and downpipe you and Aaron are working on incorporate this feature.......hint,hint...cuz that would be badass.
Old 02-24-12, 05:49 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I want one. Sign me up. Interested.

Strength and honor
Old 02-24-12, 06:18 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by simplified
So will the new y pipe and downpipe you and Aaron are working on incorporate this feature.......hint,hint...cuz that would be badass.

No. BUT I did save the images and will be forwarding it to him. If he may not want to partake into the production of the Divorced design I have the originator of the 7m version that I can get with. He may or may not want to tackle this and if he does I'm sure it will be $$$.

The hard part is trying to find enough interest in that design alone. I'm sure everyone is budget oriented and when it comes down to it people will more favor the single approach if any before throwing money at the stock twins unless they've upgraded the stock ct12a's which I'm heavily considering myself.
Old 02-24-12, 06:58 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

No. BUT I did save the images and will be forwarding it to him. If he may not want to partake into the production of the Divorced design I have the originator of the 7m version that I can get with. He may or may not want to tackle this and if he does I'm sure it will be $$$.

The hard part is trying to find enough interest in that design alone. I'm sure everyone is budget oriented and when it comes down to it people will more favor the single approach if any before throwing money at the stock twins unless they've upgraded the stock ct12a's which I'm heavily considering myself.
agreed.. not many want to stay with the factory twin setup due to there reliability issues and of course, its some what inexpensive to go single with a good turbo and WG. However, you do have a large group (not as large as the single crowd) that does like the twin setup (although not as clean looking as the single setup).

There is a guy in AZ, another in FL (that I would trust with my turbos) that rebuilds them for a reasonable price.

If the downpipe can be created in that design AND a nice divorced twin intake setup, now we talking..

These were my plans but then with the cost to rebuild the twins... after all said and done $$$$

If you could something like this would be awesome.. This would be my ideal twin setup!

Last edited by Luv2xl; 02-24-12 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-24-12, 07:51 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Wish more people did twin setups like this and that on the 1jz

Funny thing is I know exactly the 2 shops you're talking about lol

Old 02-24-12, 01:01 PM
simplified
Driver School Candidate

Cool.yeah I know it will take alot of time to design and build and it will be pretty expensive.If you find someone that's willing to Fab one up lmk.I'm willing to pay for one. I'm trying to run upgraded ct12s with simple bolt-ons
Old 02-24-12, 01:02 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

^^ quite sick.. only if I had the patience to put something like that together.. lol

I remember BIC owner sold his twin setup for a ridiculous price. Is that his?
Old 02-24-12, 01:13 PM
simplified
Driver School Candidate

While we're talking about stock twin upgrades.I was wondering if I could run upgraded stock twins with y-pipe,downpipe,3" exhaust,fmic and intake kit off the factory ecu without any piggyback.I'm assuming with those mods the ct12s would be pushing around 12-14psi.
Old 02-24-12, 01:34 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by simplified
While we're talking about stock twin upgrades.I was wondering if I could run upgraded stock twins with y-pipe,downpipe,3" exhaust,fmic and intake kit off the factory ecu without any piggyback.I'm assuming with those mods the ct12s would be pushing around 12-14psi.
Sure just be sure to throw a wideband in the mix. Watch your AFR's

Also that would be Randy Aka BIC's bay. I think it was worth every penny.

Last edited by Justin727; 02-24-12 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 03:18 PM
simplified
Driver School Candidate

Sure just be sure to throw a wideband in the mix. Watch your AFR's
Cool.thanks.yeah I planned on throwing a wideband on to monitor the mix.

Also that would be Randy Aka BIC's bay. I think it was worth every penny.
Wish I had the money and time to make mine look like that.
Old 02-24-12, 03:23 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem when upgrading the stock twins is than the exhaust manifolds are very restrictive and if you ever listen to stock jz tt engines dyno you can hear how lazy they are so pushing the turbos even further is just going to raise egt's etc etc
Old 02-24-12, 03:26 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xspsi6
The problem when upgrading the stock twins is than the exhaust manifolds are very restrictive and if you ever listen to stock jz tt engines dyno you can hear how lazy they are so pushing the turbos even further is just going to raise egt's etc etc
Very true! BUT believe it or not a lot of people would keep them just for the simplicity of not having to go single. Although it's not hard for people like you and I to do. It can be a great task for many that have no idea of what they're doing.