Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400: intake manifold porting and gasket matching

Old 11-30-15, 10:40 PM
dawhorl21
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude i think you did a really good job...it makes the car a whole different animal. it looks like you smoothed more than i did so your gains should be more. do you have an instagram? add me dawhorl21
Old 11-30-15, 10:52 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by dawhorl21
dude i think you did a really good job...it makes the car a whole different animal. it looks like you smoothed more than i did so your gains should be more. do you have an instagram? add me dawhorl21
Thanks! Means a lot coming from the guy who provided the original inspiration.

I studied your pictures closely and kept this thread open throughout the project to compare my progress and see how much further I could take it. Other than screwing up the first time on the upper plenum (shaving away the EGR tube, but it turns out I wasn't going to use that one, anyway), I looked at this as something I'm only ever going to do once, so I might as well put in the extra time to get it as close to perfect as possible. Having the spare manifolds to do the work without neutering the car was obviously a big luxury in that respect.

It does feel really strong, but I'm always hesitant to make big claims that can't be verified with any before & after data... My gut feeling, though, is that the car as it sits would smoke a '94 fresh off the showroom floor if I could go back in time. I'm not on instagram, sorry.
Old 12-20-18, 04:44 PM
clayton2u
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi and thanks for keeping old threads alive")

Originally Posted by Clean400
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But has there been any updates on this? Dyno's? Seems like a cheap way to get more flow in the stock heads.
h
I have been looking all over for 1UZFE intake porting already done and or how to do it as I have just had to swap out my sc400 oil pump sump sucker (upper flange cracked sucking air) failure. I have all the old kit in bits here and so I may as well do the porting on that. Looking at it and reading your thread it seems like this is a worthwhile mod for some smooth midrange gains in performance maybe even a few extra GG's too.