Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

R154 Trans Issue.Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-12, 09:25 AM
Catracho30
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R154 Trans Issue.Help

alright so i finished 5 speed swap r154.the issue im having is that it seems that the driveshaft part that inserts to the tranny is hitting the outer "CUP" metal that keeps the ds in balance i believe.i shaved down the driveshaft a bit but under high speeds it seems it flexes.i was wonder if i could just cut this piece off?im using a mk3 front half with my stock rear half.i also cut a slice on the cup to see if i can bend it.the screeching noise goes away at slow speeds but once i shift to fourth the screeching begins
Old 02-11-12, 10:17 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the tailshaft bushing may be worn. Do you have a fresh new tranny mount? How are the motor mounts?
Old 02-11-12, 04:06 PM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed mines and everything is fine and dandy. No more screeching noise.
Old 02-11-12, 05:06 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Catracho30
alright so i finished 5 speed swap r154.the issue im having is that it seems that the driveshaft part that inserts to the tranny is hitting the outer "CUP" metal that keeps the ds in balance i believe.i shaved down the driveshaft a bit but under high speeds it seems it flexes.i was wonder if i could just cut this piece off?im using a mk3 front half with my stock rear half.i also cut a slice on the cup to see if i can bend it.the screeching noise goes away at slow speeds but once i shift to fourth the screeching begins
it's the dust shield just remove it , it makes an annoying noise ... it happen to me once where i was driving and the smoke was coming in the car , metal to metal contact.

remove the driveshaft and u can just pop the dust shield of the trans and re install the driveshaft and enjoy your car.
you can always buy a new one from toyota and reinstall it. the dust shield was bent from transportation
Old 02-12-12, 07:45 AM
Catracho30
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
it's the dust shield just remove it , it makes an annoying noise ... it happen to me once where i was driving and the smoke was coming in the car , metal to metal contact.

remove the driveshaft and u can just pop the dust shield of the trans and re install the driveshaft and enjoy your car.
you can always buy a new one from toyota and reinstall it. the dust shield was bent from transportation
thank you very much sir.