Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

going turbo for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 05:40 PM
lilnado
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going turbo for cheap

alright i need info another thing is before i get swamped with use search i need 30 posts before i can do the classifieds cause ive fount sc's in local junkyards with good parts but back to this matter if anyone can tell me what my best setup would be on a DD turbo size piping and intercooler deminsions for best results in gas mileage and power thanks oh its 1996 sc300 all stock except for new drilled and slotted rotors
Old 02-08-12, 05:42 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo xs nat kit, lol
Old 02-08-12, 05:44 PM
lilnado
Rookie

got a link to it bud
Old 02-08-12, 05:47 PM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forum.clubna-t.com/ everything you need to know and more.

xspower can be had here. speak to their rep mark
Old 02-08-12, 05:50 PM
lilnado
Rookie

thanks man i appreciate it
Old 02-08-12, 05:54 PM
lilnado
Rookie

say i wanted to build my own kit what is best size turbo to go with
Old 02-08-12, 06:32 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My Dave h. kit
Old 02-08-12, 07:06 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in for OP finding out what EMS he will run
Old 02-08-12, 07:08 PM
lilnado
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nova
in for OP finding out what EMS he will run
ehh stock ecu maybe an safc im broke as a joke lol
Old 02-08-12, 07:14 PM
NaturalJZ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilnado
alright i need info another thing is before i get swamped with use search i need 30 posts before i can do the classifieds cause ive fount sc's in local junkyards with good parts but back to this matter if anyone can tell me what my best setup would be on a DD turbo size piping and intercooler deminsions for best results in gas mileage and power thanks oh its 1996 sc300 all stock except for new drilled and slotted rotors
I understand you need help bud. But when you are asking a very searchable topic, you can not post a thread using no periods/commas/question marks and expect decent help.

Second, turbo and good gas mileage don't go together, hope you know that if u plan on building your own kit.

Now to try and help you with what i think your asking, whats your budget? Whats your hp goal? We cant help u with a good turbo size or piping or even intercooler dimensions..
You should worry about "whats good engine management" or else, nothing will get u good power efficiently.
Old 02-08-12, 07:23 PM
lilnado
Rookie

Originally Posted by NaturalJZ
I understand you need help bud. But when you are asking a very searchable topic, you can not post a thread using no periods/commas/question marks and expect decent help.

Second, turbo and good gas mileage don't go together, hope you know that if u plan on building your own kit.

Now to try and help you with what i think your asking, whats your budget? Whats your hp goal? We cant help u with a good turbo size or piping or even intercooler dimensions..
You should worry about "whats good engine management" or else, nothing will get u good power efficiently.
Sorry im a high school dropout not the smartest person around. im not looking for hybrid status i meant im looking for a setup that i wont have to stop every 5 mins.my budget is about 1-1200. this is my first car im truly modifying ive never done nothing like this before.what would be your best suggestion on a ems?
Old 02-08-12, 07:44 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Sorry im a high school dropout not the smartest person around. im not looking for hybrid status i meant im looking for a setup that i wont have to stop every 5 mins.my budget is about 1-1200. this is my first car im truly modifying ive never done nothing like this before.what would be your best suggestion on a ems?
Well another question is... Have you searched on here to see what people have been using and have you read about the results they have come up with by using these kits? Also, If you could give a your goal as far as horsepower level and more information about the Lexus that could possibly help us as well. As far as your price range you are close to the cost of the Driftmotion kit but I have never used one before. There are a lot of other choices and also options for what you want to do.
Old 02-08-12, 07:58 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not to sound like a **** but if u cant pay to play stay out of the game. using "cheap" parts is exactly that, cheap and when a rod gets thrown cuz you skimped out on a good tune or software that didnt properly do the job what will you do?

im trying to save you the headache of getting in over your head and then wanting out.
Old 02-08-12, 08:19 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

not the smartest person around. ive never done nothing like this before
Do not even think about going boost. What if you do get this "cheap" kit going? Works for 1k miles then your car/turbo blows. Then you have a useless kit and car.

Originally Posted by Nova
not to sound like a **** but if u cant pay to play stay out of the game.
Truth hurts.

Don't go NA-T
Old 02-08-12, 08:49 PM
lilnado
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
Well another question is... Have you searched on here to see what people have been using and have you read about the results they have come up with by using these kits? Also, If you could give a your goal as far as horsepower level and more information about the Lexus that could possibly help us as well. As far as your price range you are close to the cost of the Driftmotion kit but I have never used one before. There are a lot of other choices and also options for what you want to do.
sc300 is stock 225k miles runing full synthetic it is babied and horse power range im lookin for 350-500 at the most

Quick Reply: going turbo for cheap