Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 1jz swap help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-12, 07:01 AM
sc101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 1jz swap help

Iv been reading countless threads about this swap for months now but im still confused about a few things that i want to try and hopefully clear up before i get the engine and tranny this weekend.
  1. one of the main things im hearing is that you need to get a different driveshaft but i also read that for the 1jz auto tranny you can use the stock sc400 shaft? so im just trying to figure out which drive shaft i need to use...i also am going to stick with the auto 1zj tranny

Also do i need to get the sc300 engine fan and housing to do the swap and do i need to get a new radiator as well?

I also read that the wiring is a real pain and i was wondering is the patch harness a short cut for the wiring or is there a way to easily extend the harness?

One of the main questions i have is what are the MAIN parts im going to actually need to complete the swap because each thread i have read each person gets different parts or does a different method of doing the swap?

This is the list i made of parts that i believe i need for the swap please correct me if im wrong i just dont want to start this project and not know what all im going to need to complete it...Im sadly a broke college student
  1. 1JZ-GTE Soarer engine-1JZ-GTE Soarer ECU-Transmission
  2. Intercooler
  3. Supra Upper/lower radiator hoses
  4. Supra TT Accelerator cable(or 92 camery)
  5. Soarer/Supra Igniter- (should come with engine)
  6. New motor mounts
  7. MSD Tach adapter
  8. 330ohm resistor
  9. HKS Fuel cut defencer
  10. Greddy speed limiter cut controller
  11. Supra TT/Walbro fuel pump
  12. 1JZ/2JZ PS Hose-
  13. Oil Pump

Please correct if im wrong i really need help on this parts list

Thanks again for the help

SC101
Old 01-20-12, 07:39 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sc101
Iv been reading countless threads about this swap for months now but im still confused about a few things that i want to try and hopefully clear up before i get the engine and tranny this weekend.
  1. one of the main things im hearing is that you need to get a different driveshaft but i also read that for the 1jz auto tranny you can use the stock sc300 shaft? so im just trying to figure out which drive shaft i need to use...i also am going to stick with the auto 1zj tranny .You needs an SC300 auto complete driveshaft.

Also do i need to get the sc300 engine fan and housing to do the swap and do i need to get a new radiator as well? Just make sure you get a rear sump complete swap with the fan clucth and fan blade, ignitor, map sensor, no broken sensor, no missing sensors, remove the spark plug cover to make sure the coils are not stolen.

I also read that the wiring is a real pain and i was wondering is the patch harness a short cut for the wiring or is there a way to easily extend the harness?

One of the main questions i have is what are the MAIN parts im going to actually need to complete the swap because each thread i have read each person gets different parts or does a different method of doing the swap?
Get a whole complete swap make sure again it's from Soarer and it's have a complete harness

This is the list i made of parts that i believe i need for the swap please correct me if im wrong i just dont want to start this project and not know what all im going to need to complete it...Im sadly a broke college student

1. 1JZ-GTE Soarer engine-1JZ-GTE Soarer ECU-Transmission
  2. Intercooler some time you get lucky
  3. Supra Upper/lower radiator hoses
  4. Supra TT Accelerator cable(or 92 camry 4 cylinder cable)
  5. Soarer/Supra Igniter- (should come with engine)
  6. New motor mounts supra TT mount 97-98
  7. Supra TT/Walbro fuel pump
  8. 1JZ/2JZ PS Hose-
  9. Oil Pump
    Tt water pump
    1jzgte Timing belt from driftmotion if you can do the maintenance while the engine is out .Save you alot of time and headache.

You need an SC300 radiator , supra tt upper and lower lower radiator hose, you can use an Sc 300 lower radiator hose it's the same as the supra.

Please correct if im wrong i really need help on this parts list

Thanks again for the help

SC101
Check out everything that is highlighted.
Old 01-20-12, 11:27 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Moved to proper forum
Old 01-20-12, 02:51 PM
sc101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks alot for the information im excited to get this build under way
Old 01-23-12, 05:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Drive west and come see mine first hand.. Check out my build in my signature.. Its a work in progress..
Old 01-23-12, 05:54 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you need the early supra tt mounts not the late as those are the short bracket with tall mounts and you need the long bracket with short mounts but I am not 100% on that however the info here is cloudy on this subject.
Old 01-23-12, 07:12 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The mount subject has been covered over 15000 times a little search and you will find the answer. Don't wanna go off topic on this thread.
Old 01-23-12, 07:48 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if I had 1st hand info I would say for 100% sure however I do not, Sorry as I have seen 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another when it comes to answers on the mount subject.

Check on supra forums as they are helpful when it comes to this. Sorry I can't be of more help on the subject but this is the direction I have been pointed on the mounts.