Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP...Car making funny noise / shaking and won't shut off, finally did!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-12, 03:25 PM
djrazr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP...Car making funny noise / shaking and won't shut off, finally did!!!

About a week a go, my 300 was completely dead, i replaced the battery, took a few cranks and she fired right back up. A couple times since, i would turn key and click, then eventually it will fire up again.

Past couple days when i would turn key, i would hear some funky noise coming from the engine, and i was able to drive, but i would quickly turn the car off with no problems. I would turn key and she would turn on and the noise was gone

Just a while ago, i turned key and that noise was back, and a hot smell, but no smoke coming from the engine. I turned the key off an pulled out the key, and the car tuned down but was still running with the key out. The car was shaking pretty hard like a bad idle. I can put the key back in and turn it, holding it in the on position and she would start right back up. I did this a couple times trying to turn her off and same thing. I would take the key out, the noise and shaking would happen. Turn her back on and from that point, she would turn on. The noise would sound like what you would hear when you start up the car

I drove around the block, and the noise went away. I just parked and she turned off like nothing ever happened

Someone help

Thanks
Old 01-15-12, 09:41 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like she was dieseling. Did you just SeaFoam the vacuum system recently?

Funky noise with hot smell sounds really bad.

Did it throw any codes?