Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 - For those who have replaced your o2 sensors....come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 10:40 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 - For those who have replaced your o2 sensors....come on in!

So while replacing the passenger VCG, I thoroughly cleaned the throttle body...well I fried one, or both of the upstream o2 sensors. I have the CEL, Trac, Trac Off, lights on. Car runs superb though. Haven't driven enough though to measure accurate MPG's....

Anyway, did you buy OEM sensors or from RockAuto (or another source)? Also, is there a DIY write up out there anywhere? I just want to make sure I don't miss anything when swapping these out.
Old 12-20-11, 05:25 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They are pretty straight forward. I used Bosch universal when I did mine. I had one of the them completely strip out when removing. I had to use four foot long cheater bar and steal had to wedge alot of weight against it to finally broke it. I went to the local welding shop and hit rewelded a new hole in its place.. The wires are ran under the center console, and are a pain to get too, one on each side.. if you use the universal ones, I would just cut them under the car, all four, and reinstall with crimpers and electrical tape that is supplied. Cut the wires ling, in case something happens. Assure you remove battery ground first to clear the codes, before work. GL... It clear codes that I was having, and including the trac/engine light
Old 12-20-11, 06:50 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after clearing all codes, now more CEL/TRAC OFF...after pulling the specific code, it gave me CEL 13. Im guessing after taking of the throtle body and such, I must have bumped something. Anyways, that problem is cleared.....

Now I just have to figure out trac code 26....