Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

End of swap rev hunting issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-11, 10:26 AM
Dai Kaiju
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End of swap rev hunting issues

Okay so I feel like I'm finally nearing the end of my 1JZ swap. I had alot of issues with a bad wiring job done by a guy locally but I sent the harness off to Dr. Tweak and had it done the right way. Now it's back and I'm experiencing some rather bothersome issues and I'm not 100% what is the cause of them. The first main issue is that it is rev hunting. It bounces up to 2000rpms and then down to 1000rpms and back up non stop when in idle, also I noticed if I was doing close to 40 in 5th gear that it would just sort of stick there like it was in cruise control. I've done the normal searching and found that it could either be the idle valve, or leaking capaciters in the ECU. I'm just trying to make sure that these are the only two options before I replace both parts and that there aren't any other things i need to fix. The other problem is that it's still stuck in limp mode. Could this be a result of the car knowing that it's rev hunting or do you think it's another gremlin I'm going to have to track down?
Old 11-27-11, 12:34 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Huh it sound to me like your Iac Valve is sticking , it's a common issue with 1jz/2jzgte .

Do you have some air pockets in the system?

Bleed the coolant system and then un-bolt the IAC valve it's held on the intake manifold buy (2) 12mm nuts unbolt it wiggle it a little and put it back .
Sometime unpluging it will also do the trick, just unplug the connector of the sensor while the car is running and then plug it back in .
Old 11-27-11, 04:07 PM
chingpo05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can check your ecu visually for leaking capacitors. clean your iacv. and check for vac leaks is what i would do first since its the easiest less time consuming