Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Integration Relay and starting issue - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 08:26 PM
Phoenix5ir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Integration Relay and starting issue - Need Help!

Sorry for the long story, I have to be detailed so you can better understand my problem and provide me with better guidance.

I have a 96, SC300 with 140K miles. I live in MN so the vehicle is in storage most of the winter and driven mostly in the summer months. The vehicle has been flawless except this particular issue.

The problem started with the dome light, ignition (key) light, and chime coming on and staying on, this obviously drained the battery. I ended up doing some thorough troubleshooting, I'm not a mechanic but I know enough to be dangerous. Anyhow, I traced the problem to the integration relay (part#: 82641-24080). I bought a (new) used, same part number and replaced it. The dome light, door chiming and all previous issue are resolved (or gone) but the problems I'm having now are:

1) my remote fob does not work; can't open/lock door or trunk or panic (probably could use it at this point)
2) the car does not turn over or even attempt to come on (battery tested great and all interior lights come on)
3) my radio does not come on

FYI: all fuses are good, non are blown.

I have replaced the battery before in the past and the radio came on automatically w/o any security code. Something is different about this particular issue.

From what I know and this is merely from experimenting while troubleshooting this problem. The integration relay controls the remote fob in some way, power is routed thru the integration relay for the key fob to work. Without the relay, the vehicle does not work nor does the key fob. There is no way around the dome light and constant chiming unless you take the fuse out, but of course, you lose the functionality of the key fob completely.

My questions are:
1) since I replaced the integration relay, is there a kill switch in th ECU which thinks my key fob and key is not the correct key for the vehicle anymore and it's preventing the car from starting?
2) do I need to get my key fob reprogram by the dealer (using my VIN) and attempt to reset the security or synch my vehicle with my key fob?

Any suggestions/ ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Old 11-23-11, 05:42 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at my diagram here and it looks like the integration relay is somehow connected to a lot of the electrical including the problems you have described. I'll look closer if I find anything for you or update us if you found the culprit.

Looks like theft deterrent ecu get power from current passing through dome fuse.

Last edited by vangb2; 11-23-11 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-16-23, 11:46 AM
lexusz30
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumping an old thread - did OP ever figure out the issue?
I have the annoying door chime problem, but I'm a bit hesitant to replace the relay integration if it causes additional issues.