Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

uggh 92 sc400 wont turn over

Old 11-09-11, 01:18 PM
cltvtdlove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uggh 92 sc400 wont turn over

Im on my lunch break at home . Get ready to head back to work car acts like its gonna start fine. Starts turning over for just a moment (any longer and it would have started. always starts very quickly) and then it just stops turning over. All the electronics are working battery seems to have good charge. But not a peep from the starter. I checked all the fuses.
So about a year ago I had a similar problem and it had to do with the anti theft. but that time nothing turned on. I have been having issues with the drivers side lock. But dont know if that has anything to do with the anti theft again.

Well i know there is probably answers here and after work i will give it a good search. But as for now Im biking it back. If anyone has any ideas where to start that would be great. Until the 15th Im a little tight on funds so I am hoping I can figure this out myself.

Thanks
Old 11-10-11, 06:03 PM
cltvtdlove
Driver School Candidate

Default Making progress but still wont start

Ok
so im still searching and reading. it is really starting to sound like a anti theft problem to me.
My driver side lock has always been a bit difficult. but I always used the key less. until it stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I assumed it was the battery but hadn't gotten to replacing it yet. thanks to OLT's thread i sorted out they key was working. Just before I started taking out the back seat. I learned about the remote switch (page 6 or 7 of said thread). being 6'2" there was definite possibility that i had flipped the switch inadvertently. I had. So now the keyless works. but I cannot get the drivers side tumbler to budge left or right. Might try a bit of graphite tomorrow to see if i can get tit budge and reset anti theft if that is the problem. If any one has any other suggestions I would much appreciate any help.
Old 11-10-11, 06:39 PM
cltvtdlove
Driver School Candidate

Default more progress maybe?

so i tried various ways of disengaging anti theft. But i am still not sure if it is the ani theft. we tried jumping the car was of no avail. I tried pulling fuse 20 to see if it would work. nope. I can here a distinctive single click when i go to turn it over. Starter?
Old 12-14-19, 08:32 PM
japv8
Driver School Candidate

Default 95 sc400 won’t crank

Originally Posted by cltvtdlove
so i tried various ways of disengaging anti theft. But i am still not sure if it is the ani theft. we tried jumping the car was of no avail. I tried pulling fuse 20 to see if it would work. nope. I can here a distinctive single click when i go to turn it over. Starter?
i know this is really old but I’m having the exact same problem did you ever figure it out?
Old 12-15-19, 12:27 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by japv8
i know this is really old but I’m having the exact same problem did you ever figure it out?
starter lol
Old 12-16-19, 09:34 AM
cltvtdlove
Driver School Candidate

Yeah It was the starter. I knew it was the starter just was hoping it wasn't.
I ended up changing it out myself. It was the hardest starter install I have ever dealt with. Got a lot of "while you were in there" done though at the same time.
Good luck