Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11, 03:50 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC issues.

So I finaly got the SC and have been going through it looking for the bugs. So here's the list.

AC doesn't work. Taking it to a AC shop for that.

Climate control panel is half dead. Any suggestions....

The Gauge cluster doesn't light up all that well. I planned on replacing the bulbs but haven't been able to find the right bulbs. Has any one put together a complete led replacement set for all the bulbs in the car. Or is there a different remedy with some better looking gauges any where.
Old 10-09-11, 05:26 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did u try turning the **** on the left side of the steering column? the **** adjusts the dimness of the cluster lights

control panel is bleeding there is a DIY to fix it but if ur not mechanically savy i would just replace it
Old 10-10-11, 10:14 AM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Yes I tried the control ****. Its the bulbs. I replaced a few of them and got most of the back light working. I've read up enough to see that the needles are actually bad them selves. Not really understanding why they would use needles that actually illuminate them selves rather then draw light from a back light bulb.

I found a few write ups on LED replacements. Probably end up doing that once I have the time to do it all at once.

I'm looking for the DIY fix right now for the lcd panel.
Old 10-10-11, 10:18 AM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well they lit needles do look brighter during the day against the black background so i can see where they went with that. using ones that were lit with the bulbs from behind might affect seeing the needle under certain conditions. check the DIY i think O.L.T. (a long time member here) actually did a write up. good luck!
Old 10-10-11, 11:52 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Ok, made it to a junk yard and paid 20 bucks for a in better condition climate control module. Its not perfect but I can see whats going on now.

Replaced enough bulbs in the gauge cluster to be able to see how fast I'm going so that will do for now.

After more reading I've determined that the power steering is stuck on full assist.... At low speeds I can literally turn the wheel with the tip of my pinky, At high speeds its really hard to not travel across three lanes while doing a lane change. Its a little iffy to say the least. I've been searching for a few hours now to learn more but as always if any one has any help info on the subject its always welcome.
On a note I'm pretty sure its not going to be crossed vacuum lines or something simple. Under the hoods is virtually untouched from what I can tell....
Old 10-12-11, 08:06 AM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Since I've been driving the car I've noticed the transmission didn't seem like it was shifting right. At full throttle it was shifting around 6200 rpms and while just driving around it also had alot of shift over lap. I also noticed a excessive amount of pressure building up in the gas tank. While looking through the vent system for the tank and carbon canister lines I noticed the throttle cables where loose. From the looks of things they had never been adjusted. There are three cables. One throttle pedal, one cruise control cable and the third is the kick down cable running to the transmission. All three had an excessive amount of slack. I readjusted them and went for a drive and now the transmission shifts better. Doesn't lag between gears and shifts closer to redline while at full throttle. I still have to recheck the fuel tank and see if there is still alot of pressure build up but I thought I would go ahead and post about the throttle cables causing the trans issue for future searchers.
Old 10-12-11, 08:30 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

The issues with ur car r a lot easier to diagnosis and repair then with mine lol
Old 10-12-11, 09:04 AM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Yeah most are easy to figure out except for the fact I don't know the car yet. Every car has little things that are different and some times that cause problems in figuring stuff out.