Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New to the car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 06:38 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the car.

Is there a place where I can read through all the combined knowledge for NA-t setups and GTE swaps. I'm coming from a Twin Turbo Z to a Sc3 so I don't want to go with out boost long. The problem is I don't know the SC like I know the Z and haven't been able to find a place to learn all the details I need to know for deciding what needs to be changed out and what will work with a boosted setup.

Any help is appreciated everyone. Thanks.
Old 10-03-11, 07:17 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

the search bar and you will be best friends in no time! but welcome to the club
Old 10-04-11, 11:44 AM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Ok so here's where I stand now. The ge can handle very good power levels after I change the head gasket and go with a 1.3mm thick gasket. Roughly taking the compression down to 9.2 : 1. So really doing a GTE swap isn't necessary for the power levels I'm looking to go for. I'm sure the specs for the factory fuel system are on here but I haven't been able to find them. I'm assuming the injectors are around 270cc low impedance injectors. I'm assuming the Fuel pump is rated for around that same flow rate.

So far the list to do a good reliable NA-t setup for around 400rwhp is....

Exhaust manifold, turbo, intercooler piping, intercooler, walbro fuel pump, better injectors, head gasket. Some sort of fuel managment probably Apexi or a some other piggy back. Don't have the money for a stand alone.

As far as drive train....

The stock transmission is a big question. How high can the stock sc3 auto hold ? Which LSD rear end bolts straight in with out having to modify or custom ds. I'm assuming again the MK4 supra will bolt directly in but I'm having a hard time thinking the flanges are the same for the DS.

I have searched and I'm not in a hurry so I'm going to tackle this project one piece at a time. Starting at the back of the car and moving frontwards. This way by the time I get around to boosting the car I won't have to worry about breaking transmissions and spinning one wheel with out LSD.

Any thing I'm missing so far. I'm not looking at swapping to a VVTI TT motor because from what I have read so far is a simple head gasket makes the GE motor capable of 500 plus Hp.
Old 10-04-11, 11:56 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your using the stock auto trans, dont bother with the headgasket or fuel injectors. 9psi on stock compression, Walbro fuel pump with 12v mod, SAFC-2 (can store 2 different maps, Neo only stores 1), done.
Old 10-04-11, 11:17 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Yeah I'm thinking the plan is going to be wait on the power adders for the moment and just use is as a drive around and look good car for now. Switch the rear end out for a LSD first, Then start saving and for a year or two while I piece together a GTE swap. If I'm going to do it I may as well save and do it slow and make sure I dot the I's and cross the T's.

#1 rear diff and replace all bushings I can at the same time.
# 2 Wheels, Tires, Lowering springs or coilovers.
# Power...

Thanks everyone that has helped out.
Old 10-05-11, 09:57 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

The stock sc300 340 trans is not going to last with 400whp you need the 341 with the 340 valve body and after market trans cooler