Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Nakamichi stock system power output

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-11, 03:52 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nakamichi stock system power output

How much power does the stock Nakamichi system put out power wise rms and peak wattage. Im looking to upgrade the headunit pretty soon and don't wanna pick up something with lower sound quality
Old 09-13-11, 03:54 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

i don't think you really could find something with less power than the stock system. times have changed, we no longer have computers that take up entire rooms and we don't marvel like children when someone turns on a light bulb.

Get a new deck and ditch the old crap.
Old 09-13-11, 04:09 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

the amp is 200 watts. i dunno bout the radio
Old 09-13-11, 04:12 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

a standard radio puts about approx that much with newer technology. ditch the amp, run new wires and call it a day.
Old 09-13-11, 04:18 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

id say ditch everything... once u get the radio ur not gunna like the fact that the speakers cant keep up. once u get the speakers ur not gunna like that the amp cant keep up... systems can be found for good prices in the least suspected places where no one bothers looking. i do groceries at walmart and i decided to walk down the car aisle and they had pioneer amps and speakers for stupid cheap. 800 watt pioneer amp for $100, pioneer door speakers for $50. same freggin model number being sold in car stereo stores for more then double the price. i was sooo upset.
Old 09-13-11, 04:41 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

You may run into a lot of ground noise by putting in a new headunit. The factory amp causes a lot of noise from the alternator once you put a new headunit in your SC. You will either have to bypass the factory amp or buy all new speakers with an amp.
Old 09-13-11, 05:01 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

yea u aint kidding about noise but there is a filter of some sort that is sold for that
Old 09-13-11, 06:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by cmh
yea u aint kidding about noise but there is a filter of some sort that is sold for that
I hope so. I need it because the alternator noise is killing me. Bypassing the amp is too much work. I plan on getting new speaker and an amp eventually.
Old 09-13-11, 08:12 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I used ground loop isolators to get rid of the whine in the speakers. I am utilizing my factory amplifier with an aftermarket head unit.
Old 09-14-11, 02:52 AM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

im kinda scared about this alternator noise. I plan to run new wires from the new hu to the new speakers. I already replaced two speakers and plan to maybe get the 6 1/2 ebay adapter to run 6 1/2's on the front doors. Will I still get this whining sound If I disconnect power from the factory amp? I also plan to replace the stock sub and use an aftermarket amp I have. Nothing crazy but I really need my trunk space since we really have none haha. My stock cd changer skips and get errors all day and my tape player skips alot ahhh I cant take it anymore and cant wait to rip all the factory audio components out of the car
Old 09-14-11, 08:11 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

get the following and don't worry about noise: new deck, new speakers. Done.

Make sure you bypass the amp and you won't deal with that BS noise.
Old 09-14-11, 09:36 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want to keep the factory amplifier, we have an interface adapter that allows a plug and play installation. Also, there will be no noise.

Here are the details to the product: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/sla-10b.html

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 09-15-11, 09:18 AM
Neil4Speed
Driver

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Get a new deck and ditch the old crap.
Disagree with you here. I have the Nakamichi system. Its one of the most balanced stereos I have heard. If your an enthusiast if excellent sound reproduction close to the source, with fantastic soundstage and frequency response. The Nak system is fantastic. If everything is crapping out on your nak system, just replace the whole thing - true, but if its one component, try to replace the component. Just try it with something like, Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms CD etc, you will see what I am talking about.

Also, how much volume do you need? I have taken it just past half way on the volume **** and that's getting a bit too loud for me. I'm 23 for the record, and love my Deadmou5 also - not in my 60's listening to Hank Williams.

If you want music which the bass makes your heart shake, and ears bleed - there are better alternatives obviously
Old 09-15-11, 09:37 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Disagree with you here. I have the Nakamichi system. Its one of the most balanced stereos I have heard. If your an enthusiast if excellent sound reproduction close to the source, with fantastic soundstage and frequency response. The Nak system is fantastic. If everything is crapping out on your nak system, just replace the whole thing - true, but if its one component, try to replace the component. Just try it with something like, Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms CD etc, you will see what I am talking about.

Also, how much volume do you need? I have taken it just past half way on the volume **** and that's getting a bit too loud for me. I'm 23 for the record, and love my Deadmou5 also - not in my 60's listening to Hank Williams.

If you want music which the bass makes your heart shake, and ears bleed - there are better alternatives obviously
Neil4Speed is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
Thank you. The Nakamichi audio system is brilliant. Not 'good for 1992,' but damn good period. The sound reproduction, the clarity of mids and highs, the crisp but not overwhelming bass - it all comes together beautifully. As much fun as the Soarer is to drive, I miss the sound system from my SC400 more than anything.

If I recall correctly, the power output is 280 watts, not 200.
Old 12-15-16, 03:03 PM
LXUS400
Driver School Candidate

I agree with Neil4speed and SC_coupe
Here is food for thought, CD's were better than records but now we are going back to records for the sound quality........I am going to get the whole Nakamichi system working CD Changer - Amp n Speakers with an aftermarket head will be posting once the project gets underway.....

Quick Reply: Nakamichi stock system power output