Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megasquirt for 1UZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-11, 10:43 AM
atlsupdawg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megasquirt for 1UZ

Greetings all,

My goal is to eventually do a 2JZ swap into my '93 SC4, which I have slated as the final phase of this project. The first 2 phases consist of body/interior & suspension, and of course I'd like to enjoy the car while building up the swap motor. Not to mention it'll be easier to fine tune the suspension with a car that can actually get out there and roll around under its own power

In the mean time, I figured it'd be doable to allocate a portion of my budget to pepping up the 1UZ. I'm considering purchasing a Megasquirt unit, but wanted to get some feedback from the more experience "tuner types".

I'm not quite sure what questions I should be asking, since this is not really my strong point, so I was hoping I could get some of your thoughts and/or experiences with the Megasquirt. I don't necessarily have a HP number in mind but definitely want better response.

FYI, I also plan on swapping in a T56 using an adapter plate made from Ed's CAD files I purchased over at v-eight.com

Sorry for the long post but thanks Fella's

Last edited by atlsupdawg; 09-13-11 at 12:02 PM.