Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 01:37 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All that stuff u just got is worth some major coinage!
Old 06-26-12, 07:30 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome about figuring out the problems! Good luck on the dyno!
Old 06-27-12, 10:55 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Awesome to hear Mark. Can't wait to see what she does on the dyno!!
Old 06-27-12, 11:21 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Update guys. It was a bad map sensor. Theyt installed a legit GM 3 bar map sensor. One turn of the key and crackapow, we have ignition. So after the troubleshooting, the map and crank sensors were bad. They finishing up the wiring now. Then to the DYNO.. We have it reserved!!!!!

Stay Tuned.......
the crank sensor is where??
Old 06-27-12, 06:05 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by megamax
the crank sensor is where??
i think its behind the crank pulley and might wanna remove the alternator for easy access.. im about to replace mine soon

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 06-28-12 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-27-12, 07:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys, I really feel like a complete worthless person right now. I knew going into this build thread, there would be issues and so on, but this is getting ridiculous. I am wanting my car back and fully tuned. Here is the whole story from start finish.

I scheduled the appointment with Dan from Zen Motors over three weeks ago. Showed up a the Luxury Meet while the Lexus was being towed. Showed the car off and drove to Zen's. They started working on it almost immediately after my arrival. We were pushed for time. They installed my digital turbo timer, compliments of the guy who hooked me up the R154 and som on, to use since he was upgrading to a V160. They also changed the wastegate diaphram with a new one for 50 bucks. The tuner installed the labtop and off to work they go. Started revving everything up and it started blowing antifreeze everywhere under neath the car. Tory found a bracket come loose by the oil catch can. Fixed that, simple. Kept tuning, and the car kept surging at idle. They found the map sensor was bad. It was already late after troubleshooting for hours. Installed the new GM map sensor nex tday and rewired it completely through the firewall and walla, got power and starts. ready for dyno. We thought. As they are tidying up the wires the steel catch can line touched a line that was left open somehow or overlooked it coming from the injectors. Grounded out three other sensors, one of them was the tps. It showed being 100% on the AEM. We knew something was wrong. They ended up rewiring all three sensors with new plugs and also rewired them through the firewall and installed in the AEM. This took about 8 hours to do. After we spent all day at the shop the past two days, we waited as long as we could. After we left I did hear the car run, and received a text from Jeremy, the operations guy, of the car spooling without any surging or anything. He told me it would be at the dyno today. I awaited the phone call, didnt receive one. I texted him and aquired about the dyno, he said he would call me later. As of right now, I dont know where they are at with the car. I am anticipating it this weekend, but I am not getting my hopes up. I just want this build thread done and closed. I want to drive this thing with pure relaiabilty and power, without any issues. I will keep everyone informed about the status. I am sorry I didnt come through with the dyno. I will tell everyone this, the people at Zen Motors, Tory and Collin worked their butts off on trying to get this car finished for me since I drove out of town.
Old 06-27-12, 07:25 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

All those hurdles will eventually be surpassed and things will get done ! All the hard work will pay off and you will get to enjoy that car soon am sure
Old 06-28-12, 05:11 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
All those hurdles will eventually be surpassed and things will get done ! All the hard work will pay off and you will get to enjoy that car soon am sure
Now that is exactly what I needed to hear. Jeremy texted me last night and said they couldnt get the dyno yesterday, it will be Friday.
Old 06-28-12, 05:23 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

wow thats a lot of stuff man. i should go over everything on my car before i have it tuned. what u had to go thru is by no means a cheap fix. i can't wait to see what u make with your car.
Old 06-28-12, 05:55 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hang in there man, the end is near It will all be worth it!
Old 06-28-12, 06:07 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Yeah, Hang in there! If it was easy to do, everyone would be rolling around with a 1jz swap!
Old 06-28-12, 06:55 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Bro, it will be okay, and well worth all the hassle when the car is done, trust me!!

I have a question tho, will you make a thread on how to make the A/C work with the Aem V2 thats PNP from DM?
Old 06-28-12, 07:08 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
Bro, it will be okay, and well worth all the hassle when the car is done, trust me!!

I have a question tho, will you make a thread on how to make the A/C work with the Aem V2 thats PNP from DM?
Good question.
Old 06-28-12, 08:08 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

mark i just read through your last few pages of updates.

what i'm reading here is this shop did lots of work and the car still hasn't made a clean dyno pull.

also, i'm finding it a little strange that me and you started this car up, drove it around, boosted 4-5 psi (albeit super rich) cruised on the interstate and around town for multiple hours pretty damn smoothly... all with a bad map sensor bad wiring for 3 of your vital sensors?
^or maybe this grounding mishap/whatever happened while at the shop?

this is strange. and fwiw, shops stall on calling customers back and giving info simply because they don't know wtf is wrong with the car.
these guys definitely seem like they know what they're doing though, so i'm assuming it's very close.
Old 06-28-12, 08:34 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

just to clear a few things up so there's no confusion. there were 2 power wires for the idle air control motor that were cut and left wide open prior to the car coming into the shop. these 2 wires grounded out against his stainless steel line. not to throw blame around, but we didn't cause that issue. on the flip side, seems like we have all of the bugs ironed out. going to the dyno tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!