Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ injector firing issue via Bigsticks....help!, out of ideas!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-11, 10:03 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation 1JZ injector firing issue via Bigsticks....help!, out of ideas!!

Ok CL and specifically 1JZ guru's, got some issues with a 1JZ that has me scratching my head and leading me to a sensor ground issue somewhere. Below is a copy from Bigstick's build thread explaining the issue, just trying to get some more assistance directly related to the issue alone.

Originally Posted by BigSticks
OK now... car is back home (has been for a couple weeks) after a small vaca...

I'm starting to think that it knows its going to live a very VERY hard life when it runs, i have had small gremlin after small gremlin, latest one is i only get injector fore on fire ecu power up it will fire up no prob for maybe 4-5 revolutions then dies, when you try and restart it and all it does is spin over no injector fire (car runs like a beast on starter fluid) but if you kill power to ecu it will fire over again...

cam sensors are good and pulsing crank sensor is good (i have 3 good ones and a friend let me try his off his running chaser) also, i just got no injector pulse.

The ecu is good also cause we try'd it on a friends 1j s14 and it ran awesomely... One crazy thing tho while testing power and ground and pulse we touched one of the wires on the crank pig tail with only the ecu powered up and the injector started clicking as if the car was idling even tho the car was not turning over????

I am very very lost on it all never had a car be such a p.i.t.a. like this before, any ideas ????

Im planning on heading almost 2 hours south to lend him a hand and see if I can help track down the culprit, but Im really leaning towards a sensor ground issue somewhere in the harness. I have my multimeter, circuit tester, and a noid light ready to go, but main issue being Im not very familiar with the 1JZ or the ecu...although I do have all the diagrams. Swap is from a Soarer, very clean install and minimal wiring due to all the creature comfort ecu's and harnesses removed.

He does have an AEM FIC thats ready to install and wondering would it be worth a shot to install it and see if the issue persits..?, or just start and the bottom with the harness and check all the grounds?

I know its alot to stomach in a single post, but I have been searching every forum that has 1JZ related topics/issues, but coming up dry...especially after the cam sensors were tested, and ecu is fine

Any idea's, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated by both Sticks and myself. Im dying to see his car on the track and get some good HD in car drift footage, but this issue is really holding the car back.
Old 08-14-11, 06:26 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Does the CEL work?
Old 08-14-11, 09:26 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I honestly dont remember if he said there was a CEL or not. Ill get in contact with him today and find out for sure, and have him post some more details.
Old 08-14-11, 09:42 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car does not have a cluster (simpley because race car) I did make a light to use as a cel hut got nothing out of it. Crank sensor is fine also ibhave 3 good ones and my friend let use his out of his chaser like I said. I will post up pics of the wiring I plan on hiding out in ye ole garage most the day...
Old 08-14-11, 10:05 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I was thinking possible IGT issue cutting the injectors. Maybe check IGT signal wire and the igniter wiring.
Old 08-15-11, 08:51 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Any ideas? Cause sitting in the car pretending im drifting got old a couple weeks ago lol...
Old 08-15-11, 09:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Hey Im thinking either Thursday or Friday Im going to head your way if your free. I have work tomorrow and possibly Wed, but will be sure to get there this week. Grab any spare sensors you can, and we will go through it top to bottom. Also if possible, a spare set of injectors.
Old 08-15-11, 09:59 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

I have spare crank sens a known good set of cam sensors and 2 extra 1jz's with a spare head injectors everything, cody came down all the sensors are working tho they are pulsing ecu is getting signal, idk if my harness is miss wired on out put
Old 08-15-11, 10:19 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Oh ok, well we can start with the harness and see what we find. I just hope I dont get called into work again Thurs/Frid
Old 08-15-11, 10:27 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

where is the car?

im in waco and would be willing to help if it wasnt too far of a drive
Old 08-15-11, 11:15 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

I live by lake jackson, (288 south till it ends) waco is a bit of a drive lol thanks for the offer tho
Old 08-16-11, 06:07 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try to get a cel that will save you alot of time...check the igf wire from the ECU to the Ignitor .

Last edited by 99SC42; 08-16-11 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-16-11, 08:04 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

^^^ Oops, IGF is what I meant. This guy knows all about that particular issue.
Old 08-16-11, 08:55 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ I ran into that issue with one of the swap i did for another member" Fuzion" i am not sure of the location of this wire at the ecu on the 1jz but on the 2jz it 58b,
Code 14 might be the issue try this.
http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/engine_2_14.htm

Last edited by 99SC42; 08-16-11 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-16-11, 10:04 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

have you pulled ALL the injectors to see if they actually click open/close?

i went through the same thing for a month and finally found out that 4 out of the 6 injectors were stuck closed. Changed them out and it fired right up

and heres my guide for getting the check engine light to work, if you havent already, it could save a lot of time/headach
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-1jz-swap.html

Quick Reply: 1JZ injector firing issue via Bigsticks....help!, out of ideas!!