Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

[VIDEO] 879 RWHP @ 28psi burning corn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 12:14 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [VIDEO] 879 RWHP @ 28psi burning corn!

Here is a video on the dyno of the SCupra running e85 at 28 psi with my little 71mm turbo while Darin is tuning. It was a fairly respectable pull making 879.3rwhp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-QYsexHIEM

Here is a video of the Titan Motorsports carbon fiber driveshaft exploding on the next pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu72lpPI6l4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoS8FkagNo <--- with pictures of the drive shaft at the end of the video

The dyno read 848 rwhp when the shaft exploded. It was a horrifying sound.

The car should have made well over 900 to the wheels @ 34psi on e85.

Luckily no one was injured or killed. I don't want to think what the outcome would have been at the track or on the highway.

Everything that I have purchased from Titan has officially failed catastrophically, been replaced, and/or rebuilt. It is so frustrating when you pay a premium for supposedly the best parts only to find out they are junk or have extremely poor quality control (I won't even comment on the customer service of this company, I could write a book on that). This was offically the last part from Titan that had not been replaced or fixed. I will be replacing the drive shaft with a chromoly one from The Driveshaft Shop and see 900+ soon.

Last edited by VelocityBall; 06-29-11 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 12:53 PM
pourSc
Driver

Great numbers. Congrats. Are you planning on taking that car any higher than you have?
Old 06-29-11, 01:01 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

DAMN! All three videos had it's ups and downs
Old 06-29-11, 01:11 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice, outstanding bro

Sorry to hear about all the issues you had.... get the new DS and turn it up
What Turbo are you running the old gts 71 or the new cEA billet 71?
Any hint on the setup i remember you are on the 3.4l

tia
Old 06-29-11, 01:20 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice numbers sucks about DS. I'm running a Snap Performance GX470 modified 1 piece DS. That's probably an option too. I like that hood setup. Do you have a thread somewhere with the work done, mod list etc..
Old 06-29-11, 01:22 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's some nice HP you are making there!
Old 06-29-11, 01:27 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by pourSc
Great numbers. Congrats. Are you planning on taking that car any higher than you have?
Yes, over 900 whp

Originally Posted by Tabaka
DAMN! All three videos had it's ups and downs
Yeah, and a very scary, loud "down"

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Very nice, outstanding bro

Sorry to hear about all the issues you had.... get the new DS and turn it up
What Turbo are you running the old gts 71 or the new cEA billet 71?
Any hint on the setup i remember you are on the 3.4l

tia
I hope to have the new DS next week (read hope). The turbo IS billet. The engine IS stroked. I am now running a custom fuel system. Darin will soon be making kits(I think). What is unique about this system is, you do not have to remove the the stock fuel pump! It uses twin 044's. I am also running 1600cc injectors. That is enough hinting ATM. I will update with more pictures and videos soon.

Last edited by VelocityBall; 06-29-11 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 01:31 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice numbers sucks about DS. I'm running a Snap Performance GX470 modified 1 piece DS. That's probably an option too. I like that hood setup. Do you have a thread somewhere with the work done, mod list etc..
Thanks. My setup has changed so much it would take too much time to keep it updated. I will post a final setup thread once everything functions properly. I don't plan on changing anything else

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
That's some nice HP you are making there!
It seems low compared to all these Florida Supra's running around ;-) The power is already too much for the 315 mickey DR's. Luckily I have a RaceLogic TC which keeps it under control a little.

Last edited by VelocityBall; 06-29-11 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 01:40 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by VelocityBall
Thanks. My setup has changed so much it would take too much time to keep it updated. I will post a final setup thread once everything functions properly. I don't plan on changing anything else
I hear you, I like Darin's new manifold, will probably get one soon. So your fuel setup keeps the stock in tank pump and has 2 inline bosch 044's?
Old 06-29-11, 02:49 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

So your fuel setup keeps the stock in tank pump and has 2 inline bosch 044's?
Correct

obligatory characters...
Old 06-29-11, 03:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

love the setup .. mr d is good people... of course next to alpha...

i run almost the same type of fuel system .. supercharging the fuel system is a no brainer as compared to twin or triple in tank setups.. keeps demands on each pump to a min.
Old 06-29-11, 06:26 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by VelocityBall
Everything that I have purchased from Titan has officially failed catastrophically, been replaced, and/or rebuilt. It is so frustrating when you pay a premium for supposedly the best parts only to find out they are junk or have extremely poor quality control (I won't even comment on the customer service of this company, I could write a book on that). This was offically the last part from Titan that had not been replaced or fixed. I will be replacing the drive shaft with a chromoly one from The Driveshaft Shop and see 900+ soon.
Damn shame considering how much money you have thrown at them all this time over and over. I'm especially glad you gave up on them and LMK about that before we started getting my old beater together because that stroker motor was pretty much exactly had I had planned from the first time it was in my driveway and I was drooling over it.
Old 06-29-11, 06:28 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...09-photos.html

General idea of what is mostly still the same on the car. (I think)
Old 06-29-11, 06:46 PM
3.0tSoarer
Rookie

Congrats on your numbers, sucks about your driveshaft though, just glad no one got hurt and all the car needs is a driveshaft. However this is nothing new regarding Titan and there poor customer service. It's a miracle that they are still in business. They must sell a ton of parts because the shop sucks.why do you think Darin left and started his own business? After he left things really got worst. Im sure that he was tired of all the the BS there. That Nero is a work of art, he sucks as a business owner,him and his overpriced labor as if titans labor is gold or something. As if they can miracally do things others cant! Thank god for his brother bottle or else that place would sink..
let me stop ranting before I really let you guys know about Titan
Old 06-29-11, 06:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn fine numbers Shane!! Too bad that the Titan DS shattered on you...I thought that DS was supposed to handle well over 1,000 WHP? Car sounds sooooo good...Up until that explosion!

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 06-29-11 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: [VIDEO] 879 RWHP @ 28psi burning corn!