Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Aeromotive, Bosch, Denso, Walbro fuel pumps

Old 07-30-14, 09:33 PM   #31
Abelo
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SC42 View Post
I have one walbro in tank but i am thinking about adding the bosch inline or just go all out on the pump.So the bosch gets my vote.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-...l-pump-p-29689
i have a walbro 400 intank and a bosch 044 inline have yet to dyno the car so will post numbers next week when it happens. i did a rough flow calculation and my setup seems to flow more than my friends aeromotive a1000. not sure how accurate it was though
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
03 Yamaha R1
09 Dodge ram DD
91 Soarer, HX35, 272 BC cams, titanium valve train, port and polish, 1000cc ID's, bosch 044 and walbro 400, AEM v2, BC coils, Supra BBK, semi tubular front end
Abelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 09:18 AM   #32
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Boostdaddyswag Bad954boi Boostdaddyswag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelo View Post
i have a walbro 400 intank and a bosch 044 inline have yet to dyno the car so will post numbers next week when it happens. i did a rough flow calculation and my setup seems to flow more than my friends aeromotive a1000. not sure how accurate it was though
I don't think that falls in as a accurate estimate because you can't count the 400 in the tank cause it's only feeding the Bosch which is feeding the fuel rail..

So from my understanding you will tap out at the bosch limit ...

Please correct me, if I'm wrong
Dual Magnaflow's -ID 1000's inj -TTC 268 cams -BC Springs/Retainers -TT HG w/ARP Head Studs -C.O.P converted -Eagle rods w/ACL bearings -Bosch 044 x2 -BW 9180 -TIAL 44mm WG -TIAL 50mm BOV -Soarer R154 w/SB Extreme Clutch w/DM lightweight flywheel -TT Auto Diff -Custom FFIM -LS400 BBK -MegaSquirt v3 -Megan Coilovers!!.. NOW visual effects!!
My Lexus: Is Like a Stripper I Keep Throwing Money At Her Hoping She Will Give Me The Ride Of My Life!!!
*have to find out the hard way*
BAD954BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 11:14 AM   #33
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

^ I believe you're correct. I would also worry about surge issues into the Bosch if there's no surge tank since the walbro should be able to out flow the Bosch. My brain doesn't like the idea of trying to force in more fuel than the pumps capacity to flow, but then again I'm kinda retarded sometimes. At least with a surge tank there's an over flow ability and will be zero head pressure on the in tank or inlet of the in line
Vrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:56 PM   #34
Abelo
Driver

i was under the impression a surge tank is needed if your intank fuel pump can keep up with your inline pump thus causing your inline fuel pump to work harder and strain itself. the flow will be restricted to what the walbro 400 can make but the pressure will be greater at the same flow rate due to the bosch 044 inline,

surge tanks are only needed if fuel starvation or lots of lateral car movement is made in my understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrank View Post
^ I believe you're correct. I would also worry about surge issues into the Bosch if there's no surge tank since the walbro should be able to out flow the Bosch. My brain doesn't like the idea of trying to force in more fuel than the pumps capacity to flow, but then again I'm kinda retarded sometimes. At least with a surge tank there's an over flow ability and will be zero head pressure on the in tank or inlet of the in line
03 Yamaha R1
09 Dodge ram DD
91 Soarer, HX35, 272 BC cams, titanium valve train, port and polish, 1000cc ID's, bosch 044 and walbro 400, AEM v2, BC coils, Supra BBK, semi tubular front end
Old 08-05-14, 04:45 AM   #35
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)

Send a message via MSN to lexforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelo View Post
i was under the impression a surge tank is needed if your intank fuel pump can keep up with your inline pump thus causing your inline fuel pump to work harder and strain itself. the flow will be restricted to what the walbro 400 can make but the pressure will be greater at the same flow rate due to the bosch 044 inline,

surge tanks are only needed if fuel starvation or lots of lateral car movement is made in my understanding
^^^^^^ this is spot on , is called head pressure ... i used to use this setup , i have since went back to dual intank setup as the noise the 044 makes after its broken in is unbearable .. when they get hot they tend to sound like a coffee grinder .. if you use a surge tank it tends to mitigate some of the noise

why not look into the aem 320lph pumps and do a simple twin intank setup .. i have researched them to death and they have less then 1% failure rate and its 100% e85 useable ..
Old 08-05-14, 10:45 PM   #36
Abelo
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexforlife View Post
^^^^^^ this is spot on , is called head pressure ... i used to use this setup , i have since went back to dual intank setup as the noise the 044 makes after its broken in is unbearable .. when they get hot they tend to sound like a coffee grinder .. if you use a surge tank it tends to mitigate some of the noise

why not look into the aem 320lph pumps and do a simple twin intank setup .. i have researched them to death and they have less then 1% failure rate and its 100% e85 useable ..
thanks for the clarification, yeah my bosch is loud as fack!! but at this point and the direction my car is going in the next step would be a fuel cell and surge tank setup with a big a1000 or a fuel lab big power pump.. rather than waste money on another fuel pump.
03 Yamaha R1
09 Dodge ram DD
Old 08-05-14, 10:45 PM

Tags
255, 2jz, 340, aeromotive, bosch, denso, feedback, feeding, fuel, fuel pump, intake, pumps, sc300, supra, walbro