Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aeromotive, Bosch, Denso, Walbro fuel pumps

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 04:26 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by v8soarer91
Just add another walbro pump and upgrade the main power supply and fuse.

Any higher than that you need to replace the fuel line for a larger diameter to allow for the extra fuel.
Exactly one thing you don't wanna do is max out you fuel system, leave a little bit of room to grow.
like i said in the above post just add another pump and be done with it.

guys try to compare apples to apples please.
Old 06-08-11, 12:39 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay so with that all cleared up back to topic:

so come on everyone post up your fuel setup, dyno numbers, and how you feel about it..

bump for a successful thread
Old 06-09-11, 01:46 PM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I've run both dual Walbros and now dual Densos.

I've had a few issues with the Walbros, but for the most part they worked. In fact, I accidentally made 694whp on one Walbro because the second pump did not switch on. It was an "accident" because I failed to rescale the boost pressure at which the second pump activated after going from a 3-bar to a 5-bar MAP sensor. FWIW, this was the absolute MAX possible with the pump because I had to add injector duty at the top end (again not realizing the problem at the time) just to keep the AFRs safe.

I prefer the Densos because you can't hear a thing; plus, they've proven to be reliable in countless cars. The only drawback to them is that you need at LEAST 10 gauge wire to the pumps; otherwise, the wires get hot.

That's my $0.02.

-scott
Old 06-05-12, 01:02 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys I just found this pump it almost sounds to good.. Lol

http://www.lethalperformance.com/div...fuel-pump.html
Old 06-05-12, 01:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

yeap ... aeromotive 340 (11142 / 11141) have good prices too and good flow on paper.... they go around $150-$175 ... I almost went with them for my triple pump setup on the SC but decided to go with the Denso since they are more proven at this point and what scared me was on their catalog it says , with E85, lifespan of the pump will be shorter. To me it sounded like, they were making a waver. Meaning .. if you use it with E85 and it fails prematurely , then don't blame us since we have warned you .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-05-12 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-05-12, 02:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Guys I just found this pump it almost sounds to good.. Lol

http://www.lethalperformance.com/div...fuel-pump.html
another rebranded chinese knockoff walbro like the deatschwerks garbage i tried and failed within 2 weeks of use ..

bro stick with dual 255lph dual feeding the rail .. you are not going beyond 650-675 on e85 anyways .. your r154 and clutch will not surive much more then that, rem e85 is a torque monster and trq will kill the gearbox quick

the car i just finished building is actually running dual walbro 400lph in the tank , thats a ton of fuel
Old 06-05-12, 03:36 PM
countrygre
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the veyron pump or magnafuel pumps could be a high hp single pumps to look at too
Old 06-05-12, 04:34 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

I been looking at the fuel lab fuel pumps for my build.
Old 06-06-12, 05:27 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I cant believe no one has mentioned one word about the TT pump. Thats what I have, but yet I havent had it tuned yet. I have heard nothing, and I mean noithing of good things abou this fuel pump.
Old 06-06-12, 06:06 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I cant believe no one has mentioned one word about the TT pump. Thats what I have, but yet I havent had it tuned yet. I have heard nothing, and I mean noithing of good things abou this fuel pump.
Those are Denso pumps and I swear by them as I run 3 in a triple hanger on E-85 with a static FP of 42psi with all Teflon hoses!!!!!!

Denso all the way
Old 06-06-12, 07:27 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
another rebranded chinese knockoff walbro like the deatschwerks garbage i tried and failed within 2 weeks of use ..

bro stick with dual 255lph dual feeding the rail .. you are not going beyond 650-675 on e85 anyways .. your r154 and clutch will not surive much more then that, rem e85 is a torque monster and trq will kill the gearbox quick

the car i just finished building is actually running dual walbro 400lph in the tank , thats a ton of fuel
Lol i knew they were garbage, i saw a couple guys jumped on them , i called HPF and Eric told me they were Junk , So i staied away.

Originally Posted by countrygre
the veyron pump or magnafuel pumps could be a high hp single pumps to look at too
I really don't believe in that Veyron stuff, still haven't seen anyone running one. Magnafuel on the other side is has some nice stuff

Originally Posted by Trevstuh
I been looking at the fuel lab fuel pumps for my build.
Fuelab is hit or miss , some like it some don't in the Supra world. I know one guy that had his fail, and i know one that swears by them. Craig Bush on SF has one in tank it was build by Don from AP. It's loud even in tank. I was going to get one big pump but i was a little affraid of the noise

If you want something quiet and reliable Denso is the way to go If you wanna run E85 and keep the pumps intank.
Old 06-06-12, 08:29 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4

I really don't believe in that Veyron stuff, still haven't seen anyone running one. Magnafuel on the other side is has some nice stuff
Glenn with Red Supra that owns bodyshop is running a Veyron pump. Supra Store sells the pump as part of their fuel kit upgrades for the MKIV.
Old 10-02-13, 09:02 PM
Lokz
Driver

I just had a walbro **** on me in 4K miles of driving. Only 1500miles into the gte swap and now im considering bosch or aeromotive, If anyone who used them or uses them would like to share their opinions on it, it would help me better. Stock 1J with looking into 350 whp range. I know aeromotive is cheaper and will do 350 whp without hesitation, but i dont know their quality or reliability. I just dont want to do a fuel pump job the 3rd time.
Thanks in advance,
-L0kz
Old 07-18-14, 11:11 AM
dialogue74
Driver School Candidate

Could you please advise which brand/model could fit into my 2002 Lexus RX300 that has yet its original Fuel Pump? I heard about Denso Supra Turbo that could pump 20% more for better efficiency. Would it fit into my fuel tank? Do I also need to replace its original Fuel Filter, Strainer, and O Ring? How may I replace them myself? Please advise me how to proceed with its mechanical issues and the tools I need to have!
Old 07-30-14, 04:37 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

I'm running dual walbro 255lph with ID 850's. They are alittle louder but I haven't run into any problems and made 440rwhp on 16 psi and 93 pump gas.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive, Bosch, Denso, Walbro fuel pumps