Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Treadstone Cast Manifold - 2JZGE NA-T- Anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-11, 08:19 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Treadstone Cast Manifold - 2JZGE NA-T- Anyone use it?

So I'm trying to figure out which manifold would work best to single my sc300. I'm very hesitant to go the ebay/ xs power manifold route due to fitment issues on the distributor and how close it comes to the throttle body above the turbine housing. However the pricing of the ebay manifold wins, and I could always delete the distributor and go FFIM .

There was a thread talking about the quick spool valve here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-response.html and I asked if anyone has used the treadstone cast 2JZGE turbo manifold on a sc300. I never got any response or anyone here that has used this manifold on our application.

Treadstone has pictures of it mounted to an is300, but not the sc300 or supra. From the other thread:

"This made me wonder if they made a similar cast manifold for the GE?

And low and behold:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...Turbo+Manifold

But does it fit in the sc300 engine bay?

Almost looks like it would be more distributor friendly as well."

So what do you guys think? 400 bucks for a brand new cast manifold that won't break. The fitment looks like it mounts the turbo lower than the distributor so no more fitment issues there as well as the manifold sits the turbine housing underneath it so the throttle body clearance is no longer an issue. This makes me wonder why no one uses it more or at all for that matter? I'd probably use their wastegate adapter from 38-44 vband and port the wastegate hole as much as possible to prevent creep.

It doesn't look like it makes the overall height of the wastegate much taller either which is good.

Also, if fitment near the frame is good, a quick spool valve can be used because the manifold is undivided .

I've been waiting for another Boostlogic GE manifold to pop up on the supra forums for sale used but no luck. At least I know those for sure clear the distributor well. I contacted boostlogic to purchase just them manifold from the and they quoted me $1500 just for the manifold . Just trying to find some other good options. Anyone have any feedback on this manifold?

Last edited by HiPSI; 04-16-11 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-16-11, 11:17 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This should be the only manifold for an NA-T! Nice.
Old 04-16-11, 02:25 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using a cast on my GTE from "Emusa" and its working great.I have the 38mm to 44mm adapter for sale brand new that i ended up not using if you ever need one.
Old 04-16-11, 05:02 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I would ask this guy what manifold he is running. It seems to work quite well, and does not seem prone to overboost like some cast manifolds...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-for-now.html
Old 04-17-11, 04:04 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Overboost is a wastegate condition.

But then again, overboost on a basic NA-T is 12psi, haha.
Old 04-17-11, 07:56 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

A lot of these manifolds overboost no matter how big a gate you put on them because they are not ported to support the flow that the gate diverts. A few of the tubular manifolds have this issue too. The fact that the guy I linked to can run 8PSI is a good sign for that manifold setup.
Old 04-17-11, 09:22 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
A lot of these manifolds overboost no matter how big a gate you put on them because they are not ported to support the flow that the gate diverts. A few of the tubular manifolds have this issue too. The fact that the guy I linked to can run 8PSI is a good sign for that manifold setup.
This is true, it takes more wastegate to keep the pressure down and solid.

But I'm not worried about making 8psi ...
Old 04-17-11, 09:49 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Hahaha I hear ya bro. Still, knowing a manifold is not going to try to spike and overboost on you is nice, especially when you are trying to work on a tune.
Old 04-17-11, 06:20 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a fellow worker port mine and yes a small wastegate wil give you creep issues.Go with a 44mm+ and you should be ok.
Old 04-19-11, 09:18 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this looks like a great alternative to the china bay ones. i just wonder how big a turbo you can fit on it in a sc
Old 04-19-11, 10:16 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I really like everything about this manifold as far as performance and whatnot, but i dislike how it makes the turbo sit so low. They should flip it so the turbo sits up top where everyone can see it. good for hiding the turbo, but bad for showing it and engine wont look symmetrical if you FFIM.
Old 04-19-11, 03:50 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I really like everything about this manifold as far as performance and whatnot, but i dislike how it makes the turbo sit so low. They should flip it so the turbo sits up top where everyone can see it. good for hiding the turbo, but bad for showing it and engine wont look symmetrical if you FFIM.
Yeah, it will definitely hide the whole setup. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing considering you A: might not have to delete the distributor, and B: you won't have clearance or heat issues with the throttle body and upper IC pipe.

Those two features makes me wanna run it, looks like I might have be the first victim .
Old 04-20-11, 10:13 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can just call this the "bourne" manifold.. Wondering if that 2jzgte mani can be altered to fit on a 1J.. Loving this manifold.
Old 04-20-11, 11:47 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wastegate placement is terrible...
Old 04-20-11, 02:35 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
wastegate placement is terrible...
This is true, however I don't think creep will be an issue as long as I'm not trying to run lower than 15psi.

Quick Reply: Treadstone Cast Manifold - 2JZGE NA-T- Anyone use it?