Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Treadstone Cast Manifold - 2JZGE NA-T- Anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-13, 07:50 AM
92r154
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trini4life
92R154, checked out the car yesterday at the Glenn Burnie meet looks good, fmic just needs to fill out the grill opening, RSX seats looks good too. On the way home you rolled up on us was in the black 40 coupe, I was in the passenger seat when pulled alongside you and told you to get on it
you take a video of that pull?
Old 05-15-13, 11:01 AM
Trini4life
Driver School Candidate

Yes I did, it's a brief 10 sec clip but car looks and sounds good.
Old 10-07-14, 09:36 PM
eblick99
Driver

old thread but great info, i might swap my ebay manifold out for the treadstone/qsv setup. not sure how aristo ecu would like the qsv but who knows.
Old 10-08-14, 09:52 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

it would probably like it better cause it more resembles the stock twins.
Old 02-23-15, 02:10 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought this Treadstone cast manifold for a 2jzge, and I have to say I am disappointed with the fact that the bolt holes to the head do not line up.

I am in the process of trying to get it to line up, but it makes me wonder now how do the exhaust ports line up to the manifold since you have to widen the holes to get it to fit!?

I am going to be using a DIY quick spool valve on a borg warner S200sx-56 or the 7670 as it's also known. I'll report back about turbine housing clearance with the 1.22 A/R back side.
Old 02-23-15, 02:33 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Hipsi,I would still use a treadstone mani over the tubular, because the instant power delivery and the heavy duty casting which makes it bulletproof..
Even though you do have to mod it a little here and there, but in the long run it shouldn't warp or crack from heat and it looks like it's a factory unit.

Great job on the na-t guys!!!
Old 02-24-15, 08:37 AM
Funnyman
Rookie

As for the bolt holes and ports not lining up just use a manifold gasket to assure there straight my only issues is the WG is off to one side. Also seems like you will get boost creep with this manifold when I build a manifold the WG gets priority meaning I want all the exhaust to flow to that first then the turbo or else it's almost rendered usless and you want the exhaust to flow out of the WG not using pressure to force the exhaust out.. This will most likely be your last manifold you buy because it's cast how ever I see more problems using this piece then it's worth .. If money is tight and you can't afford a top brand manifold you can always get and ebay/xs mani and have it reworked have the welds re welded to ensure their strong adjust the WG tube to your placement and liking and if you want to get into it if your keeping your distributer you can re work the runners to clear
These are just my opinions still seems like a solid piece id love to see results on this
Old 02-24-15, 12:51 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never ended up using this manifold however there has been many that have successfully. I'm currently using a generic ebay xspower tubular manifold with the PTE 46MM vband welded on it and a .81 open T4 turbine housing to clear the stock throttle body.
Old 02-24-15, 02:49 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

It's quite alright. Once I have made the bolt hole adjustments I will post install pictures with a borg warner 1.22 A/R exhaust, that ought to illustrate how much turbine housing clearance sc300's will have!
Old 02-27-15, 07:31 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

For anyone doubting the manifolds capabilities needs to read this thread!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ot-mild-build.
Old 03-02-15, 07:07 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to believe that the exhaust only saved 10 whp at that level. Wonder about torque and spool? speaking of spool, lol at build 4. I dont' remember a build 1 ever really running, except for that awesome vac leak caused by bolting together intakes that don't really bolt together and wondering why it was surging and sucking. Which makes me laugh harder at all the cool guy engineer sounding posts inbetween "builds" 1-4.

Lets see some pics of these gaskets laid on the manifolds! I wanna see how bad it is. I have this bull**** driftTRASHmotion manifold, but have been wanting the treadstone. Yeah, that's right, I'm hatin on DM too.
Old 03-03-15, 08:54 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

maybe they used one of those stupid aftermarket exhaust gasket sets to make the exhaust header.
when I went to put one of those gaskets on the motor the bolt pattern was way too tight, I actualy had to remove one of the metal layers of the gasket to get it to fit on.... so yeah if they used that it would not go on without adjustment. I just assume this is what happened, cause when I made the intake, i used a intake gasket to trace everything out and mill it, so that is probably what happened. just hit it with a drill bit its not rocket science guys.
Old 03-05-15, 05:35 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Got it. About another week and it will be in the car.

Old 03-05-15, 07:51 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

So badass with the borg warner! Why they chose the 2 bolt 38mm flange baffles me why not just design it with the tial 44mm or PTE 46mm wastegate in mind?
Old 03-06-15, 04:37 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

I certainly agree. However since it was built for a stock 2jzge with the crossover intake manifold, I believe they only placed it there for intercooler/throttle clearance.

However, since I am re-facing the surfaces, and TIG welding the 38mm flange, and porting the wastegate hole diameter in the manifold, it doesn't bother me that the holes dont' line up, etc.

If you are able to do this type of work, it it still a great manifold just from the stainless composition.

Plus it's undivided, which is good for my setup since I will be fabbing a QSV too. As always your mileage may vary.

Now to see if the 1.22 a/r hotside will fit in an SC!

Quick Reply: Treadstone Cast Manifold - 2JZGE NA-T- Anyone use it?